Replace Device?

I'd love to resurrect the original post. I think discussion got side-tracked on Z-wave devices, but here's a perfect case for needing a 'Replace Device' function:

Got a new phone. Installed the app on the new phone--but still have the old phone as a backup. I won't use the old phone for geofencing, but I don't want to delete it, either, because I might still use it for something.

Oh...and I have all sorts of notifications going to the old phone.

Would be REALLY nice to be able to tell the system to replace old phone with new phone throughout the various apps and notifications instead of going to each app and changing it manually.

Same could happen with Zigbee light bulbs or, say, smart locks (which I've also replaced recently).

What say ye?

Cheers!

Tim

That capability already exists. Simply install the Hubitat Mobile App on the new phone. When you sign into your Hubitat account, be sure to NOT create a new device. Instead, select your existing Hubitat Hub Mobile Phone device. This will result in all new notifications coming to the new phone instead of the old phone. Geofencing will also be handled by the new phone.

This functionality has been available since the Hubitat Mobile App was originally released.

2 Likes

Thanks. Next time I buy a phone I'll do that.

Unfortunately, I think we got distracted by my using the phone as an example, and lost sight of the original, more general request:

How about swapping out an old sensor with a new one? I realize it's two different approaches, but I was hoping that there would be a generic "swap new out for old" sensor function.

Tim