Repeaters - is there a formula?

I have one Xbee...it was not trivial to get the first one set up. Not exactly difficult, but not trivial like plugging in a smart outlet and pairing it. I really wanted it to map by Zigbee mesh network.

1 Like

I'm seriously considering it. and Yes @corerootedxb I can solder. :grin:

2 Likes

I saw your Charger project so if anything. You will probably make the best looking xbee case/mount compare to most of us.
I have 4 xbees and many Iris V2 plugs scattered around the house and I have to agree with the xbee crowd. Xbee is such a beast for repeating. Even for sensor inside my metal mailbox.

2 Likes

Challenge accepted :grin:

3 Likes

As other said Xbee is the way to go. My USPS delivery person has been so inconsistent I wanted to be notified when he/she arrived anywhere between 1 PM and 7 PM. I tried using an Iris outlet in a window and Crawlspace but my mailbox contact sensor kept dropping. Bought an Xbee and I haven’t had a single issue.

Since then I have been replacing old non-plus GE Zwave switches with GE zigbee ones that I found on sale and Lowe’s and they have also improved the network.

Arrow.com is a great place to purchase Xbee components and they have free next day delivery too.

I am looking forward to seeing your case/mount!

2 Likes

I know @ritchierich isn't kidding in that statement and neither am I. Look at the quality of the design and finished product from the last project that @april.brandt shared on community.hubitat.com.

4 Likes

Hey Bartles! Wonna whittle wood with me buddy!

2 Likes

Hi Dan, I may be able to get UART work and let an Arduino send and receive string through my module. Let me dig around. I do not know whether I can come up with something quickly. But, I will update you as soon as I have something.

Thanks
Iman

5 Likes

I think we are getting ripped off! https://www.amazon.ca/Iris-3210-L1-Smart-Plug-White/dp/B01GCKAED4/ref=sr_1_5?crid=BJ0Z4M8R64EM&keywords=iris+smart+plug&qid=1573042655&sprefix=iris+smart%2Caps%2C251&sr=8-5

3 Likes

OMG! I love it when that stuff surfaces! Algorhythm gone wrong! HA!

3 Likes

Wow and I looked on CamelCamelCamel, at one point these were $117 by a third party!
https://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Iris-3210-L1-Smart-Plug-White/product/B01GCKAED4

Looks like there are only 5 left, better hurry with your order!!

1 Like

I hope I'm not too late. I worked on this overnight and I am pretty sure this is the perfect formula.
download

6 Likes

Can you plug in my numbers and tell me the result????

a: 45 y:18 px:192882

2 Likes

Give me a few minutes and I can come up with something.

Edit: looks like it is 8345.5. It is up to you whether you round up or down. I would round up just to be safe.

3 Likes

$30 US if you still want one

@zarthan got that wrong. The answer is always 42. Not sure if your question is right :laughing:

8 Likes

I see what you did there... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

And if you don't have enough repeaters, get a towel, as "a towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have"

7 Likes

I remember the last snarky post I made ON MY OWN TOPIC got flagged, so I'm just gonna make my popcorn and enjoy what this is becoming. ha! Love it!

3 Likes

That’s a deeeeeep cut there. #cheekshowers