I've read about 4 different threads on how to cancel repeated Notifications in Rule Machine, but I still can't seem to get this right.
My apologies for starting another thread, but I'm hoping someone can help me - especially because this is just one of 2-3 variations of this rule that I hope to make.
The Problem I'm trying to solve:
- Historically I use HSM to send Text and Audio Alerts when something requires attention (Water detection, Alarm triggered, etc)
- I've previously set HSM to send Text and audio Alerts on repeat.
- Once awake/aware of the issue, the spammy texts and audio warnings played in our house drive my wife (and thus....me) nuts.
- I've attempted to create a 'Mute All alarms' button in the past.....I had assumed that it worked, until we had a small (false) water leak at 6am and the whole family was awake by the time I figured out how to shut it off.
What I've done Thus Far
- I have a Virtual Switch ("Audio /Text Alerts Switch") that is intended to enable/disable Audio and Text Alerts
- I have several rules in place to turn that switch to the off position - Ie: hitting a button on my sharptools dashboard, hitting a physical Zigbee button next to our bed, hitting the ALarm Disarm Button etc (This works)
From here, things get shaky....
I've tried a few different approaches, but none of them have worked yet...the messages just keep repeating, even after I've turned off the "Audio /Text Alerts Switch".
The easiest attempt I made is based on this thread and didn't work:
A Previous Attempt was based on THIS thread, but also didn't work:
I'm not an expert by any means, so if anyone can tell me (in layman's terms) what I'm doing wrong, it would be much appreciated!