Repeated Notifications, and CANCELLING of Repeated Notifications using Rule Machine

Hey All,
I've read about 4 different threads on how to cancel repeated Notifications in Rule Machine, but I still can't seem to get this right.

My apologies for starting another thread, but I'm hoping someone can help me - especially because this is just one of 2-3 variations of this rule that I hope to make.

The Problem I'm trying to solve:

• Historically I use HSM to send Text and Audio Alerts when something requires attention (Water detection, Alarm triggered, etc)
  • I've previously set HSM to send Text and audio Alerts on repeat.
  • Once awake/aware of the issue, the spammy texts and audio warnings played in our house drive my wife (and thus....me) nuts.
  • I've attempted to create a 'Mute All alarms' button in the past.....I had assumed that it worked, until we had a small (false) water leak at 6am and the whole family was awake by the time I figured out how to shut it off.

What I've done Thus Far

• I have a Virtual Switch ("Audio /Text Alerts Switch") that is intended to enable/disable Audio and Text Alerts
  • I have several rules in place to turn that switch to the off position - Ie: hitting a button on my sharptools dashboard, hitting a physical Zigbee button next to our bed, hitting the ALarm Disarm Button etc (This works)

From here, things get shaky....

I've tried a few different approaches, but none of them have worked yet...the messages just keep repeating, even after I've turned off the "Audio /Text Alerts Switch".

The easiest attempt I made is based on this thread and didn't work:

A Previous Attempt was based on THIS thread, but also didn't work:

I'm not an expert by any means, so if anyone can tell me (in layman's terms) what I'm doing wrong, it would be much appreciated!

Give this a try instead of the if condition:

While Audio /Text Alerts Switch is on AND Furnace Room Water Sensor … any wet Repeat every 0:00:15
Actions
END-REP

Here’s a sample of what it would look like (with my virtual switches):

1 Like

Here's my trash reminder, cancelled by a contact sensor opening (gate to take out the trash) or a virtual switch turning on (I do that via a physical button or via Device page). I also limit it to 6 repeats so I'm a little less likely to drive my wife crazy. :wink: You could do the same to limit the damage if she can't find the button. :smiley: