Remotec ZXT-600 Temp not updating

Their manual says the device does not auto-report temp changes by default and you need to send a command to change its behaviour with this:
Set Auto Report Condition Trigger By Room Temperature change = 30 (0x1E)
Auto report if room temperature is different from last report, 0x01 = 1°F (0.5°C)

I tried entering in decimal and hexadecimal in the Hubitat Driver, "send z-wave command" and the logs don't show anything and the temp does not change. I don't understand the format to enter or whether its taking...

I've tried clicking on "configure" after such changes and the refresh button... nothing. The only thing that does is when I turn off the power (USB) to the Remotec and reboot. Then it will update the temp but remain on say 20 degrees, while a second temp sensor in that same room shows gradual increases to the temp.

I've also tried a Rule Machine rule with the action to "refresh the device" every 5 minutes but that too doesn't show any temp changes.

Can you clarify which driver this is exactly?

Typically you would use a driver like the Super basic Z-Wave parameter tool to set these Z-wave parameters.

Using the built-in driver from Hubitat, called Remotec Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender ZXT600.
I think I've managed to add the parameter with the tool. I assumed you change the driver on the device to use that tool, set your parameter and then change driver back to device driver. Will monitor for the next few hours and see if temp changes on its own.

1 Like

Thank you... that tool did the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.