Remotec ZXT-600 Issues with Built-In Driver

Not the same issue as in the original post but I thought I might tag on in the interest of consolidating conversations re bugs with this driver. Ever since this built-in driver was released, I have gotten the following error:

2020-08-16 16:01:59.176 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: remotecZXT600.pollDevice() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: pollDeviceData(), collect() (pollDevice)

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 18.48.08

The error links back to the device itself; seems pollDevice() might not be implemented.

This isn’t a new error, but since I haven’t really been using this particular device for anything, I just haven’t gotten around to posting this bug report until now.

I seem to have found another (minor) issue; When I try to pair the Remotec as a battery powered device, Hubitat doesn't seem to identify it and match the driver. It just gets added as "Device" and I need to choose the driver manually.

I need a little help. I found similar issue with HE driver not accepting setup but Warren guy driver does. Annoying feature is one requires C scale and other needs F scale. At least I can set it up and switch back to default driver. Here's my problem.
The temperature reported never changes. I have a reference thermometer and comparing the logs it appears that a temperature get is being executed when there is a change but the temperature is not being updated. If I do a power cycle on the thermostat and HE it will pull the correct current temperature, but that's it. It is then stuck on that new temperature.

Hi, hoping that someone can provide some additional guidance on this device. @jason-lane I'm also in Australia and summer is on the way :slight_smile:

I added my first Remotec ZXT-600 yesterday. It's powered via a micro usb. It was identified by Hubitat, which is a good start but I'm wondering what to do next. The remote doesn't do anything when I trigger it from Hubitat. When I've looked at setup guides for this device on other hubs (Vera, Fibaro HC2) they all identify the need to add a configuration parameter, 25, with a numeric value that aligns to the specific model of the air conditioning. I tried this custom driver but it's still not clear what to do.

Where, in this setup do I enter something like those configuration parameters?

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

So,

1. as others have noted, I installed this custom driver, tried it, realised it didn't work fully, and then reverted back to the original driver.
  2. I worked off the assumption that the "IR Code Number
    for built-in code library" was the equivalent of the configuration parameter 25, and it turned out to be the case

Like most support questions it's easier to solve when you you think someone is looking over your shoulder, even if they don't have to say a word :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am looking for ways to link my MRCOOL DIY multi zone minisplit system into HE. Does anyone know if I would need one of these per zone or can this handle multiple indoor units at a time? Also does anyone have any other suggestions for rabbit holes to go down? So far I have looked into broadlink, whose future appears dim since the developer seems MIA, and harmony, but I am open to anything.

Hi Folks,

I experienced the same, the built in driver (Remotec Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender ZXT600) is not fully functional. It does not send the command to configure the remote codes. When this is attempted the light on the ZXT-600 doesn't respond, indicating no command received. However, it does control the functions of the AC, i.e. temperature setpoint, mode, etc. That said there is another driver available to help us get the code into the ZXT-600. The other folks in this thread got it figured out, I am just learning :slight_smile:

So, here are the steps I had to take.

1. Discover and join the ZXT-600
  2. Change the driver to this one, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/warrenguy/hubitat-drivers/master/remotec-zxt-600-thermostat.groovy
  3. Input your remote control code and Save Preferences (the green light on the ZXT-600 should blink when you do this, if it doesn't the code was not saved), I always hit configure too.
  4. Switch back to the Hubitat Driver, "Remotec Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender ZXT600"
  5. Try and control your AC
  6. Once you've found the right code, the AC will operate as it should and you will not have to input the code again, the ZXT-600 stores the code in it's own memory.
    You may have to repeat steps 2,3,4,and 5 until you find the right code that works with your AC or MiniSplit.

It's really too bad the Hubitat driver doesn't work properly, as the installation would be simple and people may use this device more often then other web based, non-local solutions as I had prior to this. Maybe the smart programming guru's here can look at both drivers and combine the two. The driver that I linked has much more custom functionality for the ZXT-600, but unfortunately the Temperature Setpoint doesn't work, hence the revert back to the Hubitat supplied driver for operation.

4 Likes

Thanks! I'm glad I found this. I was getting no response with the built-in driver. I used the driver you linked and it immediately started working. I reverted back to the built-in driver and all continued working. Thanks again.

Glad you found it! You should send an email to Hubitat support to get this fixed. I already have a ticket open but no feedback as of yet.

I try to make away temperature to be 10 celsius (the lowest my Samsung Aircon can), but the lowest heating temperature seems to be 16 celsius. I wish there was a way make it send 10 celsius. Any thoughts?

Did you try and send it via the device page? Type in 10 and hit "Set Heating Setpoint" and see if it responds

Did try that too. Emailed Remotec and they said there is only one code that is able to send 10 celsius as heating and it is not Samsung. Will not happen unless they create new code or there is a way to hack that thing.

Have you tried the learning function? Parameter 25...I think you can learn each button press in accordance with the mapping table. I wonder if you tricked the lowest setting in the mapping table to use your 10 deg.? instead of the 16 or 17 they have in the table? In your case storage location # 2

Do you think that I could teach 10 C to position 16 and then when asking 17 I would get 10?
I Remember there is Learning box where you select numbers. Now I understand what those are - storage locations. If I teach some location is it automatically in use together with other values that came with IR code? Interesting to test next weekend.

That's exactly what i was was referring to, i think it could work. It's just a matter of have the unit have the right IR signal to do what you want, and that can be programmed.

Remotec couldn't learn anything from my Samsung AC's remote. Any known options making AC controllable by Hubitat? There seems to be Alexa compliant cheap IR blasters, but does Alexa give me full control?

Couldn't learn anything? If your trying to use the Hubitat driver to control the learning function, it doesn't work. You need to switch drivers to make the learn function operable. There are other choices. RM Mini is a good choice.

I did get it to learning mode, but only red lights flashed. Learning is there only with either two drivers, so I tried the right thing. I'll look RM's and Harmony Hub

1 Like

Awee too bad. I know the learning function on the RM Mini works great. It's not natively supported but the community app in the forums works well.

I am in the same boat. How exactly do we update these parameters using a C-7. I am at a loss how to update parameters with a hubitat.
I have an actron air split system. Anyone know of a compatible code that will also operate most functions? Otherwise it seems I'll be spending a weekend trying to get this to work..