Remotec ZRC-90US

So I've tried re-pairing this again, having reset the ZRC90 to factory settings just in case. It goes through the same process as before, only appearing in the Zwave list with a Discover button available. Hitting that gives the Device as "Device" but I can then select the Custom Driver, give it a name, save and then configure. It then shows the Number of Buttons as 8 and the CheckInterval as 86700. Later on I hit a button and noticed that the Battery level then appeared on the Events list (see below)

Name Value Unit Description Text Source Type Date
battery 100 % DEVICE 2018-06-01 5:18:38.214 PM BST
numberOfButtons 8 DEVICE 2018-06-01 4:49:28.557 PM BST
checkInterval 86700 DEVICE 2018-06-01 4:49:28.552 PM BST

So the device is definitely communicating with the Hubitat, but no button presses are recognised or acted on and they never appear in the Device Event list.

I have programmed buttons 1 &2 using the excellent ABC mapping app but nothing happens.

When I press any button I get about 5 or 6 rapid flashes of the blue LED. According to the ZRC90 manual this indicates that the command or operation is invalid. I presume this is based on feedback from the Primary Controller as I occasionally get the same with a ZRC90 connected to my Vera when the Vera is having a bad day and doesn't respond to the commands.

I'm really running out of ideas about this, and am now wondering if it's something to do with the fact that I am using the add on EU Zwave Dongle? I'd be really interested to hear if anyone has got a ZRC90 working on an EU version to rule that out.

@mike.maxwell, @bravenel
Expertise needed for above.

Amazon chucked one of these on my porch last night...
I intend to include a native driver for it, can't say it will make the next release...

2 Likes

ok, just finished the driver for this, so it will be in the next build.

There is a trick to pairing it, this is due to the fact that we treat secondary controllers differently than standard zwave devices.
If you follow these steps you shouldn't have any issue pairing it.

1- factory reset it, hold the R button until the led turns on then off, follow this with a triple click.
2- open a window with the zwave information page
3- open a separate window and start device discovery
4- click the L button on the controller
5- refresh the zwave information page until you see the device show up with the discover button in the right column
6- click the discover button, the device name should now read "Remotec ZRC-90"
7- Exit the device discovery page, and the device should be ready to use.

I reset and paired the device three times using this method with the controller about 6' from the hub, no issues.

1 Like

Eureka!! I think the key to this is making sure you hit discover while the ZRC90 is still in Learn mode. I was waiting too long and by the time I went to the Zwave list to hit Discover the ZRC90 wasn't listening anymore. Mine still didn't come up with device name "Remotec ZRC-90" and I had to select the custom driver (I guess that will only happen with the next release?) but I now have working buttons :smile:

Thanks for all the help :+1:

1 Like

Correct, the built in driver will not be available until the next release.

This is the EXACT problem I'm having, I tried following the steps above but can't find the "discover" button on either the add page or z wave page, only the discover devices button, but instructions lead me to believe that's a different button..

@mike.maxwell

Mike, this process has presumably changed now that there isn't a discover button on the Zwave info page, so what is the procedure for installing one of these now?

I'm trying to re install one of these and getting nowhere.

I have removed it from HE and factory reset it, but when I hit L on it and put HE into discovery mode, nothing appears on either the device discovery page or the zwave page by the time the blue led stops flashing on the ZRC90.

Thanks! I couldn't figure out for the life of me from the included manual which button to push on the controller for the pairing. Your instructions on factory reset with the R button and pairing with the L button are exactly what I needed. Paired without any problem with the normal Hubitat add ZWave process and built in driver.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.