I have reset, repaired, made sure the batteries are new and done everything else I can.
I have done extensive searches online and find that a few people have the same problem. The only reference I found to the possible issue is that this device cannot have an ID greater than 128? The device ID is (according to the log) 1409. The one that works is 61. Is there a way to change it? Has anyone found a solution?
Thoughts? My wife is ready to kill me over this one... I can return the device, but I have found people who say adding them to a new "network" works great. I would HATE to rebuild everything just for one remote....
Thanks for taking a look. The “issue” I was referring to was at a homeseer forum where it mentions that adding the remote to a zwave network with “too many nodes” causes an issue. One solution (in the bowels of this forum) is to change the network ID — when it joins. Changing it after breaks it. (Which I confirmed).
Could be trying too hard, but either way I don’t think this is a Hubitat issue....
I just bought one of these as well.
Pairing seems to go ok as the hub recognizes the device with the correct naming and reports battery at 91%. In addition, from the device page, all the button presses work and get logged as events. However, physical button presses from the device dont do anything and dont get registered as events as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pressing a button from the device page simulates in the driver what would actually happen with a physical button press, but it doesn't require anything from the device itself. It sounds like it may have "fallen off" your network. If you didn't pair it in place, it's possible it can't find a route back to the hub and a Z-Wave repair may help. It's also possible the batteries are low--I know 91% sounds high, but if it's new I'd expect closer to 100, and depending on the battery chemistry, this reporting may not be reliable (it's usually estimated via voltage, which doesn't work well for lithium batteries that experience a sharp decline right at the end of their lifespan but little drop before then).
Pairing it again (after excluding) may help, but I'd also try seeing if it works closer to the hub (or wherever you paired it) and with new batteries (or if you have way to test the voltage yourself and consider them good).
I had a little trouble with one of mine awhile back. I excluded it, reset it, then re-included it. Resetting it is a little tricky. Press R for 10 sec. and let up then triple click R real fast. Including was just pressing W once when the hub was in inclusion as usual. I was about 3 feet away when I did this and it seemed to work ok.