Remote control with more than 4 buttons

I am currently in search of a decent remote that has more than 4 buttons. I already have a hank remote and a nanomote. Looking for more buttons.

So far all I've come across is the Fibaro KeyFob and Lutron Pico that's compatible with more than 4 buttons.

My use case is to control scenes/lighting in the backyard by the pool without voice assistance. Maybe cycle through different scenes or dimmer control.

Any other recommendations?

I use one of these. They are available on Amazon. Nexia Z-Wave One Touch Control.

Besides the above, there are several devices that support multi-taps on a button, giving you more event possibilities for just a single button. For example, the Zooz ZEN34 remote lets you do up to 5 taps (plus press and hold) in each direction, giving you 14 different button events for a single physical button--not all of which you might actually want to use, but they're there if you do. :smiley: Just another idea!

(Even the Pico on Hubitat can support up to double taps with the "regular" driver, even though the device itself doesn't natively offer it. Lots of newer in-wall switches/dimmers do, too, though I assume you were looking for something battery-powered.)

1 Like

also check remotec zrc-90, 10 buttons

3 Likes

Personally, I'd prefer something that functioned like a remote. I was looking into the RGBgenie ZB-5028 but that looks like it's geared for zigbee only? Or would I be able to adjust any color bulb device with any remote controller in HE?

Pico with the dimming arrows also has a more remote like layout where it would feel natural to use for lighting control.

A bit pricey for my use-case.

I mean there is also your phone. That would give you much more leeway especially controlling colors.

I use a 5 button Pico, with pushed, held and double-tapped actions, for a total of 15 distinct actions. I actually use only a few of them frequently, but 12 are actually programmed.

1 Like

That and voice control is what i've been using poolside to control the light strips and lighting. I'd like to have a dedicated remote to control color change and dimming. RGBgenie ZB-5028 looked like the most promising as it has dedicated buttons for dimming and scene presets. However, it's OOS, most likely indefinitely.

The pico sounds like it could be the winner for me, but that pro hub price puts me over my budget for this specific addition to my setup. Looks like the Fibaro Keyfob could be the runner up at this point.