Remote Backup File Download

I have Remote Admin to support a friends system. But apparently you can't download a local backup via Remote Admin????

Do you have an "always-on" device like a raspberry pi or windows pc / server? There are some relatively simply scripts that can be used for this. I have a nightly backup of my HE databases being performed as a cron job on my rpi each night. Let me know if this suits and I can share my script and provide a link to the Community topic.

1 Like

Unfortunately no. This is at a friends house about 2 hours away. I maintain his system. I put remote admin on it so I can do that from my house. Was a little surprised that I couldn't download a backup. I assumed, wrongly, that with remote admin it would be the same as if I was there.

Yeah, that's one of the few limitations of remote access right now. There's a (fairly obscure) technical reason for it, and a workaround is on the to do list.

3 Likes

Any idea when this might be coming?

Following up to see if this is getting available anytime soon. Thanks.

It'll be available in 2.2.9 update.

2 Likes

Apparently it didn't make it into 2.2.9???

Try it now... I had to deploy/enable a version of remote admin to enable it, too. And that can only happen during quiet times (like Saturday morning).

Works now. Thanks.

2 Likes