Remote Admin not working for me - New Router

Howdy!

2 hubs, 2.3.x or later, both static IP with known good DNS and Gateway. Both have been functional prior to replacing my router. Local control, Rules execution, all good. Both hubs rebooted recently.

The following desktop browsing was done on a Mac Mini running MacOs 13.2 in Chrome 110.0.5481.

Remote admin no longer sees the two IPs. Subscription is paid, current and active.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 2.00.03 AM

https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/ shows the above (attached?) screenshot, which shows a hub list with "Connect" not greyed out. Pressing these buttons (Connect, reboot, update) yields no activity.

"My Account" Registered Hubs card says that I have no registered hubs. Advanced Discovery using the IP address range tool results in the two discovered hubs appearing, and clicking on "Connect to hub" opens the correct hub's server page, but does not fix the problem. FWIW, I have to do this in Safari (16.3), not Chrome. Using Chrome times out.

My suspicion is that the new router is blocking the hubs ability to contact the Hubitat mothership, but have not found any instructions on how to configure the router to allow the hubs to phone home.

Reaching out directly to company tech support yielded no replies that I could see (thanks guys...)

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-BC

Normally you'll see an alert pop up if the hub can't connect to the cloud, but that does sound like the issue.

What kind of router do you have and what does your network configuration look like? Have you tried a ping test from the hub itself outbound to a known good IP? Also try forcing a change to the DNS entries on the hub and try 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.4.4 just as a test. Some folks have reported that it looks like DNS is configured but it really isn't.

1 Like

with the new router, did your IP range change? if you previously had something like 192.168.1.X, but your new router has 192.168.0.X, then it won't know how to route to your hubs. you could hold the button on the bottom to reset the network back to DHCP, then set new static IPs

Thanks for the reply. Current generation TPLink WiFi 6 mesh router. Topology is pretty flat, single subnet with a WiFI bridge connection to a distant unattached garage. Rules run off the house hub, but talks to devices in the garage no problem.

All 4 network tests return nominal results, both for IP addresses and those requiring DNS resolution (ie. www.cnn.com).

Still "No Hubs Associated with [email address]"

@dadarkgtprince
Thanks for the reply - IP range is unchanged, since the subnet info is populated by me.

Update -

I think Brad nailed it on the "it looks like it has DNS, but it doesn't."

After I repopulated the DNS info (actually removing some servers) per Brad's instructions, https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com gave me access to the hub(s).

But wait! There's More! The Mobile App still does not see the hub(s), showing as Unavailable. Also, My Hubitat still shows no registered hubs.

More Updates -

Since the hubs can now phone home, I brought both up to 2.3.4.150. Not sure if that was the cure, or it was just waiting for data to propogate on the server side, or a full reboot, but all seems to be fully functional now, including the mobile app. Thanks Brad5!

FWIW, I am a convert from Wink, which was fine in its Heyday, but obviously lost its way. Tried Hubitat a couple/few years ago, but didn't care for the very hands-on nature of the drivers at the time. I'm very glad Hubitat has grown to what it is today. Thank you!

-Bruce

1 Like

Glad you got it working. Take a gander at this, it may help with some gotchas...

1 Like

Glad it all worked out! As I recall the registration with the cloud process is not instantaneous. Might have been the reboot pushed something, or just a little time solved the issue. But at least you're up and running!

A lot of WInk refugees here... I went from Wink to ST to HE.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.