[RELEASE] Zigbee Monitor Driver - Like XRAY Vision for Zigbee Repeaters and simple Switches

It is paired OK now! ( this router uses endpointId 08, instead of the usual 01).
You are good to go with the Zigbee Monitor Driver.

EDIT - I see some potential issue with this device, for now better experiment with another repeater make/model .

1 Like

The endpointId variable is unusual in that it cannot be removed or updated programmatically.
The wipe() function clears everything, but it can't touch this, somehow, some way it is protected. On my XBee the endpointId shows at "E6" but it functions normally, other than an inability to get the manufacturer data which I will take a look at.

[EDIT] I tried several other drivers and none of them were able to retrieve manufacturer or hardware information from the XBee so I'm not going to pursue it.

2 Likes

This looks interesting. Definitely gonna have to check it out later for my repeaters.

Would it be possible to use with the Ikea outlet as well? (It has commands like the repeater to retrieve routing table and neighbors)

Are you by any chance running the new Beta?

Yes

As I suspected. They moved the URL in the Beta to a new location. I have an update that will account for that. It's version 1.0.2. It will be up there by the end of the day.

1 Like

FWIW I am also running the beta, is the SonOff USB Dongle also affected by this change in the Beta?

I'm not a member of the Beta program but I was advised that > 2.3.7.1 the new location was "/hub/zigbeeDetails/json" rather than "/hub2/zigbeeInfo"

I updated the code and it should accommodate this using version 1.0.2 which is available for download.

I don't think it'll change the availability of Sonoff Routing info as this condition caused a 404.

3 Likes

This does look to be very useful! I need to find a device that works with it; still (slowly) going through my inventory of repeaters. Pretty sure I have a Sylvania plug on my C-3 mesh that should work..

2 Likes

Compatibility seems to be pretty good but of course it's only for dedicated repeaters or simple On\Off switches. Check the 2nd post on this topic for growing compatibility info.

2 Likes

Sonoff ZBMINI supports both routes and neighbors:

• manufacturer: SONOFF
  • model: 01MINIZB
1 Like

I tried a few more of my repeaters; in addition to the Sylvania plug it looks like it works fine in on/off mode and reports child and routing data with the Lowe's Iris V2 plugs (Centralite-based 3210-L models).

Also reports good info with the GE Zigbee Dimmer plug (4582GE; supports on/off).

I tried it with the Dogain plug (labeled 'US-101', supposedly Zigbee 3.0; looks to be a CMARS smart plug clone) and while it reports child and neighbor data, it returns 'Error: NOT_SUPPORTED' for deviceRoutes.

I noticed that with all devices I tried, deviceNeighbors and deviceNeighborCount includes child devices as well as the device's actual neighbor routers.

This looks to be very useful as a substitute for a full blown mesh mapper and can resolve some of the ambiguities of the Zigbee Graph; thanks for this.

2 Likes

just trying latest with one of my older sylvania zigbee switches.. i am seeing a couple of issues:

1. the device routes are showing, but even after refreshing browser tells me i need to refresh it.. ie the warning never goes out..
  2. the lqi appears wrong and too high compared to the hub version of the routes.. maybe this is related to the lqi in the switch itself?

ie

unless those 255s dont mean lqi.. if so what do they mean?

The updated Current State sometimes does not refresh and the State never refreshes without a browser refresh. I also can't tell when you have in fact refreshed the browser, but I'll add a timer to clear that message after 10 seconds or something like that.

A few of points on this. 1) The driver only reports the LQI values that the repeater claims. 2) Two connected devices will see the LQI differently. Better quality devices are usually a higher LQI (stronger signal\better antenna). In my testing with the driver alongside my XBee the results were very close.
3) In testing my Sylvania repeaters also had the highest LQI. Could it be the Zigbee firmware on the Sylvania is "generous" or even erroneous in it's method of calculating LQI? Although I also get high numbers from my Sylvania plugs but in this case it does go as low as 63. The furthest neighbor will a 255 LQI is actually Repeater M3 at about 40 ft or so. Repeater M4 has more walls in the way at oblique angles.

4) Those numbers will make the most sense to you as you know the layout of your home and the devices within it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks Tony, I will add those various devices to the Compatibility post when I have a little time.

My guess is these NOT_SUPPORTED devices have a Zigbee chipset in common.

1 Like

Probably this (at least it's part of the reason the numbers differ).

LQI's a measure of reception by the reporting device, so for a given link, the LQI reported by the device driver and that reported by the hub relate to different devices (in each case, the transmitter on the remote side of the link).

So a bidirectional link has two different LQI's depending on which side is the source of the measure.

Also, method of calculating LQI isn't part of the Zigbee spec and isn't standardized (just the range and how it should be used to derive link cost figures). Some chipsets just base it on RSSI ; some take into account link errors/retries. LQI's reported by pre C-8 hubs seemed to skew towards the high end of the 0-255 scale and aren't very granular. The LQI's reported by the C-8 seem to be a lot more granular and take better advantage of the 0-255 scale.

3 Likes

I'm only seeing zigbee addresses and not names like in some of the screenshots above. Even with the preferences set to collect all zigbee information. I'm guessing I'm missing a setting here?

[edit]
I suppose because I'm on beta hubitat code. I saw the post with the above endpoint, "/hub/zigbeeDetails/json". On my hubs that returns a 404 not found.

[edit2]
NVM I must have typo'ed it. /hub/zigbeeDetails/json does work for me.

Update your driver to 1.0.2 and it handles that.

That is actually the version I'm on.

What is your firmware version and can you confirm /hub/zigbeeDetails/json works?

I don't have the Beta some I'm running blind on this.