[RELEASE] Zigbee Map app

I suspect this:

3 Likes

That was it! I updated the HPM and reinstalled the app and it works well now! Thanks for the help! Great App.

What are duplex links? Also, I am seeing lots of yellow and red LQI links, but I thought my mesh was pretty good. Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure those are where traffic flows both directions, not just one-way.

Same here, but as discussed above (see Tony's post), LQI isn't actually a comprehensively reliable way to determine health in a holistic view like this. So I'm not freaking out about the orange & red I see in my map -- if the mesh is performing well overall, and there are plenty of redundant connections, that's the important thing.

I think it's when they have each other in their respective neighbour table, therefore potential traffic between them. I could be wrong but was under the impression this app can't really help us assess anything in terms of actual traffic flow.

3 Likes

Just installed the new [RELEASE] Hub-a-Dashery app on a hub with no Zigbee. I had previously installed Zigbee Map, and now I can't remove it from HPM. I get an error and it rolls back. Manually deleting the app worked, but deleting the driver gives an error that the driver is in use by the driver. I was hoping to solve this without booting, but I will give that a try if needed.

1 Like

I'm sorry to hear that.

I believe Step 1 is to delete the application instance (using the red "Remove" button from within the app, at the bottom). This will also delete the helper device.

This must be done outside of HPM as it did not create the app instance nor the driver instance (device) and it cannot remove the "app code" and the "driver code" while you still have instances using them.

Step 2 is to use HPM to uninstall the app and driver "code".

I just did an uninstall using these 2 steps and it worked without issue.

4 Likes

Rebooted hub. No instance of Zigbee Map in Apps. HPM Remove errors and reverts. Manually deleting driver gives this error.

I have also tried HPM Repair of a HPM and a HPM Repair of Zigbee Map.

It appears that the Driver has no Parent to delete it. Is there some other way to delete a Child?

Really enjoying this, thanks for sharing.

@dandanache - Any chance to add a toggle to the Config settings for the hover pop-ups?

They can make it hard to see info on the screen when highlighting a node.

Would be nice to be able to turn the hover pop-ups off temporarily when I'm hovering on nodes to look at how things are connected.

Either a config setting for hover pop-ups on/off, or maybe a fade option so they can fade out after 3-5s, or something, if you turn on the pop-up fade. The more I think about it, the fade option sounds like it would be the best.

2 Likes

I found the answer.

http://hubitat.local/device/forceDelete/12345/yes

1 Like

I know it's only beta in HE but maybe it's time to retire the built-in?
NOTE: no offence to the awesome HE team!

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

vs

6 Likes

Can you come to my house and make my graph look that pretty?

Only sort of kidding...very nice work. :slight_smile:

Since everyone is posting their maps, I thought I'd show off this impressive network. :wink:

7 Likes

2024 minimalist, very skeek. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

zigbee routing is so dumb, should be ablt ot perfer devices, there are som things going through 2-3 walls when there is a router in the same room ?

1 Like

As covered thats NOT routes.. thats neighbors.

4 Likes

Anyone else? I've lost my Status/Devices/Config controls in the upper-left corner - doesn't matter if I zoom in or out, or pan around:

I can reload the page, but didn't want to lose the organization I had been working on...

1 Like

I think the latest update enabled the 'esc' key to turn those controls on/off.

6 Likes

One picture to sum up my home automation obsession:

3 Likes

Released version 2.0.0 with the following changes:

Changed

• Breaking change: Some files were renamed therefore your bookmarks or PWA installs might be broken

Added

• Add Zigbee routes map - @Tony
  • Fade-out the nodes tooltip to see better how things are connected - @danabw

Have fun!

7 Likes