[RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver

okay everyone, this driver is not actually up to snuff for the "dumb" ziemismart zigbee dongle. This dongle simply emulated the actual RF remote. Being that, it actually has not "genuine" feedback from the end device.
The issue I specifically have, is the driver seems to randomly open properly and open partially (I have 3 stop points programmed into the actual motor).
i.e. if I press the open button, "Sometimes" it opens fully (from fully closed). "Sometimes" it opens only to the first stop point (From fully closed). "Sometimes" I must press the button in the driver multiple times to even get any response.
It seems we may need a special driver for the"Dumb" rf to zigbee dongle.
It should really only have 5 buttons? (Perhaps the dongle also emulated channels for the multi channel remotes? so perhaps a channel select as well).
The 5 buttons are really just "Short Press UP", "Long Press UP", "Stop", "Short Press Down" and "Long Press Down".
Preference wise, there should still be reverse direction I suppose? And additionally, the back program button on the actual remotes is also a function I thing via the dongle.
Ultimately, the dongle doesn't really have a step or position setting.

Okay! Ive got the pattern! The zeimismart "Dumb" rf dongle only has 3 buttons. Open, Close and Stop. The same as the remote. If you Long press a button on the RF Remote, it actually simply repeats the command twice after a slight pause. So, to emulate, the open and close button in the driver must repeat the open or close command in a pattern. Open (two presses within 1000ms) and same for close. SO a double tap is needed as a long press equivalent. testing shows 750-1000ms apart. If you press twice too close together it only steps to next position. This will emulate the RF remote. I have tested this my manually pressing the buttons in this pattern in the app.

Hey guys, I just bought 6 of these from Decopedia on Aliexpress. They are Zemismart AM25's with zebra blinds on them.

I've got them working with the latest modified driver, although I didn't have an issue with the original one from Zemismart.

I noticed they have poor Zigbee reception. I added THREE zigbee repeater outlets nearby to mesh as best as best as possible...but still...once every few days one of the blinds will come unresponsive to any command and need to be paired again in order to work.

I'm not sure what causes the connection drop but it sure is annoying. I'm about to give up and try running them on Homeassistant or the free Tuya hub it came with.

I read most of the posts here but I don't think I came across any solutions for this particular issue...other than that a few others have this issue.

Last ditch effort to ask here for any ideas?

By ‘one of the blinds will come unresponsive’ do you mean one and the same device, or different blinds fail every time?

What are the the mains powered devices around that may act as Zigbee repeaters?

It's seemingly random devices, not a particular one that keeps failing, maybe 4 of the 6 have become unresponsive at one point, requiring re-pairing.

For Zigbee outlet repeaters I have these:
SONOFF S31 Lite 15A Zigbee Smart Plug
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08GKK89QQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and these, which look like a rebranded generic, but some comments say they act as repeaters:
Jhome Zigbee Smart Plug
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08K7FY2GP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any advice is appreciated.

Sonoff plugs have been reported to be bad repeaters, causing problems to other Zigbee devices in the mesh. There were several threads on this problem here, but also on HomeAssistant forum.

Last one here :

3 Likes

So it was working well for a while, I moved an outlet for Christmas lights that was nowhere near the blinds and now all hell has broken loose with blinds losing all control until they are re-paired.

I've got maybe 15 or so mains powered ZigBee devices so not sure why it's giving me grief. I may dump the Sonoff ones.

I bought 4 of these Tuya ZigBee repeaters to place close to the blinds instead. Hopefully that might resolve my issues.

Tuya Zigbee Signal Repeater USB Extender Amplifier For Zigbee
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtaN6Hm

Ikea Zigbee repeaters are the best bang for buck IMHO.

They don't seem to cause issues with other brand devices as some Tuya repeaters appear to do.

2 Likes

Unfortunately they aren't available in North America.

Sengled outlets (the oval ones not the square ones)

1 Like

The new models added in the last month were pushed for an update in version 3.2.4 via HPM.

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know I've successfully used this driver with a Blindsmart Tuya Zigbee Motorized Window Opener: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004251482469.html

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 53
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,EF00
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_fzo2pocs
  • model: TS0601
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:

Substitute Open/Close commands with SetPosition was automatically set after Configure was run, however I had to set Mode to tilt manually. Everything worked great after that. Thanks to the creator(s). Fantastic work.

I see a couple of log entries that may be of interest:

dev:5722022-12-10 16:16:30.327 warn parse: Not a Tuya Message descMap=[raw:F63B0100001801002053E2FF201FE4FF2000, dni:F63B, endpoint:01, cluster:0000, size:18, attrId:0001, encoding:20, command:0A, value:53, clusterInt:0, attrInt:1, additionalAttrs:[[value:1F, encoding:20, attrId:FFE2, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:65506], [value:00, encoding:20, attrId:FFE4, consumedBytes:4, attrInt:65508]]]
dev:5722022-12-10 16:16:00.046 error org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_amosyuen_ZemiSmart_Zigbee_Blind_694.autoPoll() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (method autoPoll)

The warning only appeared after I enabled Log unexpected messages, so may not be that important. I'd be interested in getting to the bottom of the error message though.

1 Like

Thank you for the report, @Gradenko !

That's another Tuya platform oddity - your device has a newer firmware (application) version 53, and the manufacturer has changed the inClusters list compared to the previous version 52 ! : (

As there was no need to track the app. version of one and the same model and manufacture until now, there is no code to set the Mode parameter to tilt automatically for this device, it should be done manually for now.

The unexpected message is informative only, every device has some specific (and generally unknown) messages that probably only the manufacturer uses for specific needs.

The error log message is due to the fact that this device fingerprint was missing and most probably it was assigned another driver when first paired to HE (the Tuya Metering Plug maybe)?
I have added unscheduling of all periodic tasks that may have left potentially from other drivers, when you click on Save Preferences button again the error should not pop up anymore.

You can update the driver manually to the new dev, branch version 3.2.5

Yep, that's correct. HE initially assigned the Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug as the driver.

Thanks for the updated driver. I'm trying it out now.

1 Like

The development branch was updated to version 3.3.0 (2022-12-30) :

• adds support for TS0601 and TS130F models of Tuya/Moes Curtain switches: _TZ3000_zirycpws, _TZ3000_1dd0d5yi, _TZ3000_4uuaja4a, _TZ3000_fccpjz5z, _TZ3000_vd43bbfq, _TZ3000_ke7pzj5d
  • new advanced option "forcedTS130F" - use only for these TS130F curtain switches, that are not automatically recognized by HE hub.
  • new Calibrate command - works for some models only (ZM85, TS130F and Moes TS0601 curtain switches)
  • improvements for ZM85EL-2x "SUPER CURTAIN ROBOT MOTOR" - some more details here.

The driver can be updated to the latest version by clicking on Import button within Drivers Code when editing "ZemiSmart Zigbee Blind" driver. If no issues are reported, the main version will be updated and pushed via HPM in the next week.

Happy New Year 2023!

1 Like

@kkossev (or anyone who knows for sure) - a query regarding the preference panel and 'Min Open Position'.

My blind was calibrated correctly with the buttons before it was added to HE. Every now and then when the blind opens on a morning, the value for level is at 98 (rather than 99/100) when it reaches it's fully open position. That results in the state showing 'opening' rather than 'open'. This screws up some of my lighting rules which are set to turn off when that blind reports open. If I lowered that 'Min Open Value' to 98 would that solve my problem or is that setting for something different? Thanks.

Hi @johnwill1 ,
Happy New Year!

I think that this use case has been exactly the aim when the "Min Open Position" was added in the driver - when for any reason the blind can't reach the 100% open position, the blind to be considered open when it reaches 85 or 85 or ... percent.

This is not OK.... The windowShade state should become 'Partially open' when the blind does not reach the fully open position after a timeout. What is the value of the Advanced option "Position report timeout, ms *" ?

Hi @kkossev - Happy New Year to you too.

Thanks for confirming that function. I should be able to drop the value from 99 to 98 to resolve that occasional issue.

Apologies please disregard that comment about the state remaining as ‘opening’ when the blind stops at level 98 as I didn’t confirm that in the device page at the time. I’m sure it will be ‘partially open’, as I recall we tested this to death some time ago when you added my model to the driver code.

I’d have to see it fail again in order to be sure the what the state is. I could send it to position 98 to test but perhaps that’s not quite the same as when a command sends it to position 100 and the blinds limit stops it early at 98 - position reached vs failed to reach position

Hi,

I got another two of these window openers:

Noticed some oddities while setting them up. Both of them refused to do anything except jiggle a little when "Configure" is hit. Changing the driver to "Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug", hitting "Off" and then changing the drive back to "ZeniSmart Zigbee Blind" seemed to have fixed both. I have no idea why that works, but I was able to issue Set Level after that.

Another oddity I found is that while "Substitue Open/Close" is automatically set, it isn't applied until "Show Advanced options" is enabled.

1 Like

"BlindSmart" seems to be a new manufacturer... Please post the model, manufcturer, application, etc... from the device web page in HE 'Data' section.