[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

those locked by messages were probably from something the device was trying to send after it booted back up

Tried this with the Zooz Multi-relay. Got this error message, so I aborted. Is it a problem?

1 Like

Firmware total bytes 0.. Not sure what your source web server is.. But it appears as though it didn’t get any data... Or it got a non standard format

I had to exclude and include my ZEN27 switch after flashing last night. I think I pulled the air-gap as well. After flashing my switch would not respond via ZWave and kept getting the locked by log entries. The switch would manually turn on and off but that was it.

After excluding and re-including the switch, it works perfectly with the new firmware. YMMV.

1 Like

I put the file in Google Drive and made it shareable to anyone. Used the link it gave me. I'll try again.

1 Like

some zooz devices do require re-pairing when firmware update is complete.. It seems it overwrites the pairing information, or changes device ids

2 Likes

and it’s an otz or hex file?

I used google drive too. you have to get the actual download link, not the shareable preview link. you want the one with the URL that ends in &export=download

1 Like

Yeah that it what I figured out last night. I this posted in response to @jluna001 where he may could get his going again.

1 Like

I had to complete reset, exclude it and then re-add the switch after all of that the update worked flawlessly. I'm guessing a bad inclusion the first time.

@erktrek so it could have been an issue when I first included it. Not sure if it carries over even after a wave repair, but thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Thanks for that.. I don’t use google drive so I wouldn’t have caught that..

1 Like

It looks like some of the devices do need to be excluded/reset - happened to me too.

2 Likes

Not sure how to do that. I right click in drive (web version) and options are share and get shareable link. Neither one ends in &export=download.

1 Like

Paste the "shareable link" on a browser. It will bring up a page with a download button. You want the url from THAT download button.

1 Like

Seems to be working after a reset. However did you ZEN27 ramp rate still work? It seems mine instantly turns on regardless of what ramp rate is set. Ramp rate only works if turning lights on or off from the physical switch.

1 Like

Didn't try it. It actually goes to a closet light so I never use the ramp. But when I get home later, I will try it and report back to you.

Scott

1 Like

I can't get a url from the download button. Right click does nothing. Left click brings a save to box, and I can't access the url shown in the url box.

1 Like

When you left click the download button it should bring up a new window with the download URL that triggers the download. you have to catch it before it autocloses.

If you want to PM me your shareable link, i can get it for you.

1 Like

Another problem with Zooz multi-relay ZEN-16. Got this far and has been this way for 15 minutes. What do I do?

1 Like

That means it's done. Put the device driver back. You may have to re-add it to the hub, but it's done

1 Like