[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

I did a factory reset on the device, used the basic z-wave tool, used the firmware update tool to get FW version, nothing. Still shows 1.2.

I'll try a hub reboot later.

You wouldn't hurt anything by running an update again.

New image was successfully stored in temporary non-volatile memory. The device will now start storing the new image in primary non-volatile memory dedicated to executable code. Then the device will restart itself.

Ran another update, that's where I am. I have no way to know if/when the device updates itself, but we'll see. I'll let it sit for 30 minutes before I change the driver back and check FW version.

1 Like

I think that is the last message the updater / device is capable of reporting. Hopefully everything comes up correctly. Half an hour is overkill. I don't recall the internal update and reboot taking more than a few minutes. Good luck

yeah, no bueno. Does not ever update. I'll wait to see if anyone has any info on this device (Aeotec ZW117 Range Extender 6).

dev:6422020-06-08 03:20:38.282 pm infoVersionReport- applicationVersion:1.2
dev:6422020-06-08 03:20:38.278 pm infoVersionReport- zWaveProtocolVersion:4.34

Are you absolutely positive that you have the updated firmware? The log snippet that you last posted showed what I would say was a successful upload. Now something could have spoiled the image move to nv memory but I would grab the file again just to be sure.

1 Like

Unless Aeotec is providing old firmware...

Bryan indicated that 1.05 and 1.5 were the same, but it's possible that my 2 devices with 1.2 and 1.3 are actually newer than what Aeotec is providing...

1 Like

1.05 looks like the last available update. If your devices are in fact on FW version 1.2 and 1.3, they are newer. The device FW is smart enough to not downgrade. I would contact Aeotec for clarification. Their support is responsive if I remember.

1 Like

I sent them an email. I was refering to this post where @bcopeland indicated that 1.05/1.5 were the same. I'll update here with Aeotec's reply. Thanks!

Edit: Aeotec's Reply:

So, 1.5 = 1.05, but the devices just won't take it.

1 Like

I'm having the same issue as @staze, but I'm not using dropbox:

I'm going directly to the Aeotec site:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6085201191
I've tried appending the "?dl=1" and it makes no difference.
Screenshot_2020-06-12_09-26-15

Ideas?

BTW, this is my first use of this driver.

Hi guys, is there a .hec to .hex converter? Googled with no success. I have a couple of homeseer switches to update but the file is .hec .

As far as I know, those are encrypted and HomeSeer requires use of their own Z-Wave firmware updater software to decode them (and update the devices). On the bright side, it's rare that I've seen HomeSeer release an update with something is actually want, though they're still low on my preferred vendor list for a few reasons, including this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was just now trying to update the firmware on one of my Inovelli bulbs. I tried doing this by downloading and then saving the firmware (1.30) on the hub using the new file manager, it got an error in the logs...

Would anyone know if it’s related to the file manager feature of the hub not being compatible with this app for whatever reason or something else?

What URL are you specifying? I think I read a reply on a similar issue and @aaiyar provided a URL correction that worked. IIRC the URL was missing the port#
http://192.168.1.2:8080/local/LZW42_2_30.hex.

Ill try to find the post and link to it.

2 Likes

@Sebastien - @AutomatedThoughts is correct because one can't send and receive on the same port (80) simultaneously.

4 Likes

Thanks @aaiyar. I couldn't find your reply but I knew it was a port.
Would it be possible to have the link include the port when copied so this doesn't become a frequent issue?

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realize that the port number was required. It’s nice to understand why! Learn something new every day!

2 Likes

Never mind - I see it is edited already :+1:

I have removed the irrelevant portion of mine.

1 Like

Thanks Robert. I saw that on their site as well but hoping there is hope somewhere. I bought them when z-wave plus first came out and they were pretty good with options. oh well, back in the drawer.

Hi @bcopeland. Could you please help me extract the HEX file for Aeotec nano shutter V3.01. The exe file is here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6098962357.
Thank you very much