[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

I'm curious... How are you able to get the Inovelli firmware link? I have tried a few times to get the link to their latest firmware (1.17 for the Red series switch) but all I seem to be able to do is to download it... :frowning:

That said, I see you added the link, so will use it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In your browser on the downloaded file, right click and select copy download link

1 Like

For whatever reason, that isn't working for me on the Inovelli firmware files... I've never seen that before, very odd...

Your link worked great though! Firmware uploaded, device is flashing...

1 Like

I saw this app for Windows 10 from Windows store, Simple http server. Pretty straight forward for setting up. The otz and hex file can be save locally then just paste the generated address into the firmware updater app.

2 Likes

Any ideas on what's mismatched? Am I using the right FW? I'm not sure what the difference is between the HEX (on the github) and the HEC (I found in Z-FLash), though I'll assume the 'c' stands for compressed or something?

1 Like

HEC is an encrypted format and will not work..

HEC files will only work in HomeSeer's Z-Flash software

Thanks for this, I'll have to keep it handy as I think it can work for other Inovelli files if you know the version number of the firmware you need.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know. I guess that leaves the mystery of why it's failing to find the FW/mismatching

1 Like

I've now updated all of my LZW30-SN on/off switches to 1.17.

1 Like

Do you know how to check what firmware version we have via HE?

1 Like

Go to devices and it shows the firmware version.

1 Like

Yeah, for whatever reason mine isn't showing any firmware version.
I'm using the aeon multisensor 6 driver as well.

1 Like

It didn't work for me in edge either.

1 Like

You can always use the basicZwaveTool provided by hubitat to check versions

2 Likes

Ah, very cool. Thank you for that!

1 Like

anytime

Hi Bryan,
I'm attempting to update 8 Inovelli Red Series Dimmers (LZW31-SN) using the following firmware link.

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/api/kbArticles/407409000002897285/attachments/96fena8aa58942148470eb8cbcee976baa2de/content?portalId=1ce1db55e4825f16146555b24f0f1753cbf5f7d83ca0a3d8b31013b2a2d69e1f

Prior to clicking the "Update Firmware" button, I've been rebooting the dimmer using the air gap. Everything seems to work right up to the point of uploading the firmware to the switch. The below screenshot shows the end state of the update attempt.

Corel
Below is a screenshot of the log containing the entire update attempt.

Any ideas on what I can try to get this to work?

Thanks for any help you can provide and for creating a solution for a much desired capability in Hubitat.

-- Mike

1 Like

This usually happens when the signal is too weak to the end device

Hey, did you need me to try anything else to narrow this down further?

This is what i see in the device information:

• deviceType: 12801
  • deviceId: 1
  • manufacturer: 29

It seems like firmwareTargets.FirmwareID is empty because numOfTargets is null?

Cheers

1 Like

Sorry .. spaced out on this.. I need to check and see if something happened to the extracted file.. I'll get back to you

2 Likes