[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Okay color me a bit confused after reading through all of this. I have 4 Zooz ZEN30's that are on 1.03 and 1.05 is the current firmware. I'm hoping that the 1.05 will fix the issue with the fan relay on the switch not communicating with the hub (C7). These are paired S2 unauthenticated and have rules assigned to them currently. What are the steps required to upgrade these with minimal headache and bloodshed. :wink:

If I knew that the next hub firmware was going to address this I'd keep waiting for that but it's really driving me nuts to have to work around these fan's. I can get them to go on and off via a virtual controlling them but the real switch never reports the status to the hub which is the main problem here.

Thanks.

You need to pair with no security whatsoever. From the programmer, earlier in this thread:

If you want to pair securely, then exclude after flashing.

1 Like

Ya I was hoping I missed something and that was resolved. Okay well I’ll give that a go this coming weekend I guess. Thanks.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli You might note this on the firmware update documentation at Knowledge Base Redirect – Inovelli

I paired my dimmers securely with my C-7, so I'm excluding them and re-pairing them in order to update them.

@bcopeland I see the version from the first post is included in HPM -- but I needed the zwaveBinaryUpdater.groovy to upgrade my Inovelli dimmers. Would you consider adding that as a second installable driver in HPM (since for now they are two versions)?

Apparently, device firmware updating will be an included part of the platform beginning with firmware update 2.2.4, expected “real soon now”. See this screenshot from the Hubitat Live episode earlier this week:

Bryan Copeland (Hubitat staff, and developer of the two firmware updater driver versions) indicated in another thread this week that it would initially only be Z-Wave, like the current drivers he wrote.

7 Likes

Will it support S2 authenticated devices?

Good question. I guess we’ll find out soon.

2 Likes

Unless you can get Bryan to answer, we’ll just have to wait until 2.2.4 is released.

2 Likes

Your previous profile picture was better

2 Likes

:eyes: Well yes.. That’s the plan anyway (S2 support).. I’m having a bit of trouble I’m tracking down that didn’t show up in Alpha testing..

7 Likes

Hopefully someone can help me here. I tried following the steps update an Inovelli Red Series dimmer ... it got stuck in downloading firmware and wouldn't change status. I didn't have any options to abort or stop ...

Giving up on that one device, I decided to try another Dimmer ... and when I change the type to Firmware Updater I see the Current Status read:

lockedby: Office Cabinets (this was the original device I tried to update and excluded and deleted).

How do I get rid of this process lock for the Firmware Updater device driver? I can't even delete the driver at this point since it says it's being used by the old device (that's deleted).

I would hold off until 2.2.4.x is released. The sneak-peak video during the last Hubitat Live indicated that the final release of 2.2.4 will include a z-wave firmware updater. I imagine that app has several updates over the earlier two releases of Bryan's app that are discussed in this thread.

4 Likes

From the first post in this thread:

However, Ashok’s (@aaiyar’s) advice to wait until 2.2.4 is sound advice.

2 Likes

Almost there

7 Likes

https://community.hubitat.com/t/2-2-4-device-firmware-update-app/54203

2 Likes

Aargh - just saw the release notes. Works on C7 only :unamused:

2 Likes

Can pickup a uzb or z-stick if you need to update some devices. It's really easy to do with them in PC Controller v5.

That's why the community drivers are remaining..

2 Likes