[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Got it, so find the 2.x version, close my eyes and punt, ya?

Here is my relevant post upthread, summarizing:

1 Like

Ha! It's the use of 1.00 to denote the v2 that confused me :rofl:!

Thanks!@672southmain

Now I'm seeing the firmware target box and it says 'binary' in the url line... which I'm guessing/hoping seperates the v2's from the v1's... or maybe I should be planning for the birth of a fresh new brick?... Here we go!

Yea, you and the rest of us. That’s why I made that summary post.

Trying to put together a visual comparison summary to help those that already have one (or both driver versions) sort out which they have (and for me to reference when I tap this again when I can't remember whats what.

The first version 1 with link a few posts up by @672southmain looks like this on screen:

The second version 1, called "new" version one in that same post has the added "binary" infront of the firmware, and has a firmware target pull down below... like this:

Personally I've edited lines 1 and 5 of the code for the new version 1 to make it distinct in my system.

And having been corrected - the one that does hex files is the one that has the URL box does NOT state its for binary files.

Hope that helps somebody. I did get it to work eventually. Got stuck at downloading firmware,... turns out I had a gremlin in the URL, so if you also get stuck at downloading it may be a connectity issue from the hubitat hub, not your UI device. I will edit this post if I find something is incorrect, so please do correct me!

Here is his comment on that in another thread:

1 Like

Not quite, as I understand it. Hex files that have bootloaders, where the uploaded hex needs to be zero-padded, can only be done by the original (first version 1.0) version. Once again:

Which is kind of odd because he now works for Hubitat and OTA firmware updates from the hub really should be something that comes from Hubitat not the user community

Crap! I'm making it worse!
Good info... but how do regular peeps know if its a bootloader variant hex file or not?
I'll edit earlier post accordingly, cheers.

Solution is to use the first version 1.0 updater for all .hex files, let the updater figure it out; use the binary updater (second 1.0 version) for everything that isn’t a .hex file.

Thanks... my hopefully helpful post above so edited. I misinterpreted @bcopeland's post above where he says "The hex code is actually in the new one" but now I get it.

1 Like

where to i find the otz or hex file for leviton switches and dimmers?

I haven't looked through the whole thread, but any luck flashing series 1 inovelli? Bought in Jan 2018, paddle w/ scenes.

I’m trying to update my Inovelli LZW31-SN dimmers. It gets to the point of saying “Device accepted request. Starting upload” and after at least 10-12 the furthest it’s ever gotten is 6%. Sometimes it hangs after 1%, sometimes 3%, etc. Even though the zwave settings shows the switches are connected directly to the hub, I’ve tried moving the hub within a foot of the devices but same result.
I saw the earlier posts about air gapping the Inovelli’s but seems that since it’s starting the upload that shouldn’t be an issue? Any suggestions?

Is it possible to try putting the hub a few feet from the switch during the process?

The last 3 attempts I had the hub less than a foot away. Maybe I need to do a zwave repair after the hub is right next to the dimmer? The two dimmers I’ve tried so far are about 6 feet away from the hubs permanent location.

And, you're on the latest version of the hub firmware?

My updates went pretty well doing that try to minimize other zwave activity, perhaps.

I purchased an Aeotech Z Stick to reflash my Zooz Zen23 after the Firmware adaptor wiped the firmware. I can get the switch to connect and turn it off/on, but it won't allow me to upload the firmware to reflash it via the Z-Wave PC Controller software. Does anyone know where I can find instructions to force a firmware update on the switch?

[EDIT] Just wanted to give an update. Zooz had me rejoin the switch with Level 0 Security. I was able to reflash the device (No more "Sleepy Device" warning), and now it's working fine with the new firmware.

where do i find the otz or hex file for leviton switches and dimmers? i have around 30+ leviton switches and dimmer and they all are on version 1.15 or lower. can someone help me in finding the right files

I need the .hex file for all the leviton devices. since i have most of them