[RELEASE] Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor GZCGQ01LM (Zigbee 3.0)

Firstly, I´d like to thank the developer directly from Brazil: the driver was working very well to me! But I had an issue and needed to factory reset my C7 hub, and updated it to the latest firmware. Now the sensor isn´t working anymore, the illuminance isn´t displayed. Some tips?

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

I'm up to date with my C7 and am using this driver with good luck

Driver

JohnRob, you probably updated your C7 with the driver installed, correct? I reset and updated mine; the driver was working well before the problem I had in a previous firmware version, but now, with a new firmware fresh install, the illuminance isn't displayed...

I tried another brand new sensor I had here with the same result: no illuminance information...

Yes Correct. Now I'm afraid to change the driver.

However you might try BoristheCat driver called "Clean Device" you select it as a driver and there are options to wipe:

• State variables
  • Child devices
  • Schedules.

You would then change back to the normal driver.

JohnRob, I spent an evening trying to make it work, and solved using the driver written by Roberto . It is working flawllesly to me!

But I accepted you suggestion, I'm downloading the Clean Device driver to perform maintenance, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Are these's true Zigbee 3.0? and will work will all repeaters unlike the old Xiaomi devices?

I have one on the network right now (I just got another but have not added it yet) since June. It has stayed on the network. I have a Xiaomi cube and it falls off a lot. However, I haven't figured out what the light sensor is repeating through so it is a hard to say for sure.

I can confirm that these devices must be configured next to the hub, and not via some kind of repeater.

I'd been struggling for days to get it paired but finally took the plunge and moved it into the garage to pair it with the hub.

Within 10 minutes, I was getting LUX readings...

1 Like

What repeaters do you have? all mine are smartthings plugs so all Xiaomi 1.2 devices dropped off

I've got a could of the Aurora AONE Sockets, and some Innr plugs as well - I'm not sure which device they were struggling with, but moving to the hub to pair and then moving it away again worked perfectly.

1 Like

I can confirm this. These devices are very difficult to pair through any repeater. Once paired (close to the hub), they work fine through repeaters. FWIW, the repeaters that I have are: Tradfri outlets, Tradfri USB repeaters, and @iharyadi's zigbee environmental sensors.

3 Likes

Good to know. I've got four of these, and all have been stable. I paired all of them right next to my hub, not through the five repeaters (Iris smart plugs). I've had them about a month and none have fallen off yet.

1 Like

Anyone know the difference between these two versions of the driver? I don't see anything in the thread about it.

1.0.1.1123 - I have installed

1.0.1.1123b - currently on github

I compared the two using "diff". The only difference is in the version and the importurl. Nothing in the guts of the driver.

3 Likes

Any tips on how to get this device to pair? The manual is in Chinese and I could not find an english version. (Hub: Firmware 2.2.4.158)

I have put the Hub in Zigbee pairing mode, held the side button down for 5 (ish) seconds but nothing shows up and there are no entries in the log (except for the Start and Stop Discovery. One of the websites mentioned a "blue" light when pairing, but I am not seeing anything.

UPDATE: I managed to get it working and it's reporting battery and illuminance!! I had to hold the button down for about 7-9 seconds and then I saw the blue light flash.

2 Likes

I'm using this driver for my Mijia Light Sensors. I just moved one over from SmartThings and recreated the automation using a single Simple Automation Rule.

And today when it should have turned on the light, it didn't. Initially I couldn't figure out why until I checked the logs and found:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string "21.0" on line 636 (luxHandler)

So to successfully used this driver in automations, you need to change this preference value from the default 1 to 0:

You might want to give this one a go as I'm using it with two of the light sensors successfully:

3 Likes

I looked into your driver before posting. I just wanted to post here in case anyone else ran into the same problem. The setting to remove the decimals does fix the problem.

In my case I was not able to solve the crazy battery or illuminance reporting with Marcus’ drivers (tried everything).

Chirpy’s ones did the trick.