[RELEASE] Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches Driver

Evening All,
New user here
Driver is recognizing motion sensor as a button. What am I doing wrong ?It is motion sensor RTCGQ01LM. Is the driver suppose to recognize the device or am I suppose to input the model number somewhere ? I did press configure then saved device after but did not change anything.

Thanks

This driver takes the capabilities of several different devices (one being a button controller) and combines them into a single driver for simplicity. So the commands needed for Button Controller are visible, but not functional. It looks like yours is working as it has registered motion under Current States.

1 Like

Thanks BJ I was wondering that and thanks for confirming. I did see in the device reports it was switching from active to inactive every minute as expected. I will tinker with the rules again tonight. I was using the room lighting app but will switch to basic rules for something simpler. I could not get the lights to turn on or off using rule I created. The lights will turn on and off using the button under device room in both hallway and bathroom . So the hue app import worked just fine just need to get the Xiaomi motion sensors working and I am good.

Little history been tinkering with smart home gadgets for 3 yrs so I understand the logic. I am not strong on the software code but have played with software code a little. My phone is rooted and using Tasker very much. Is a 3yr old phone that works like it has a new battery. I have a app that only lets it charge to 75% and using tasker to start doze immediately when screen off so my battery typically lasts 2 days if I change setting to charge to 100%. I have security setup so that if my phone is lost or stolen I send a message to it then it locks display and starts sending location every 30 seconds.

1 Like

Morning All,
Just wanted to say thank you very much to Chirpy and the rest of community supporting him with testing this driver. I got all 3 of Xiaomi motion sensors working last night perfectly. I used the basic rules instead it had everything I needed. Finally 1 hub not proprietary , local, ,many manufacturers and a great community what else can you ask for. Defiantly leaving good reviews on amazon. Now I am excited to start buying devices again I had stopped last few months because of the delay I was getting with multiple hubs connected through Alexa rules. The reaction time with these Xiaomi sensors is immediate watching them at device level in setting and physically walking into a room. I had really hoped this would work and it does

Thank you again
Sand

6 Likes

Is there any way to set the sensitivity level for the Aqara Vibration Sensor using this driver?

I've been experimenting with this driver for my MCCGQ11LM. I run Maker API and present my devices to a docker image of Homebridge so I can use HomeKit on some devices. Oddly, I noticed a "leak" being reported for my MCCGQ11LM... that's weird because the device doesn't have moisture/water/wetness sensing of any kind. I was unable clear the error in HomeKit so after a few hours I went into Maker and removed the MCCGQ11LM entirely, rebooted my docker, then re-added the MCCGQ11LM. This cleared things up.

I think I have 6 MCCGQ11LM devices around my house but only this one uses the Mijia driver and it's the only one that's ever reported a "leak." I can't seem to find any remnants of the leak in logs, or I'd have posted it here. I don't have any continued issues but thought I'd post here about the strange behavior in case it's helpful to anyone.

Question - using this driver with Xiaomi motion sensor is flawless running over a month no problems by them selves nothing else on with hue lights on bridge. I did try to move the hue motion sensors over to hubitat and the Xiomi motions sensors fell off all of them. So deleted the hue motion sensors off and xiaomi motions sensors re-added everything is fine. Question the sonoff SONOFF SNZB-03. anyone running Xiami motion sensors and Sonoff at sametime on hubitat ? Need some experience

I was using Markus' drivers and just switched to this since my Xiaomi Light Sensor (GZCGQ01LM) recently dropped off. I switched to this driver and saved (hit configure a couple of times) However, the options on the driver that I see seem to relate to a button?

Is this expected? [UPDATE: someone else asked the same question in this thread and it appears that this is expected)

Edit: Do I need to reset and re-pair it? (UPDATE: Replacing the battery fixed the reporting)
Edit2: I replaced the battery and now it appears to be reporting light readings again. However, the "Current States" still appears to be from Markus's drivers. Is there a way to clear that? I thought it was included in the "Configure" button but it does not appear to clear the old states.

Hello, just got the new Aqara zigbee smoke sensor (JY-GZ-03AQ), I tried different drivers, but unable to receive the smoke detected in HE, any chance that you are planning to release a driver for it?!

1 Like

I bought Single Rocker with Neutral Aqara Smart Wall Switch (Model:WS-USC03
) and not able to find drivers for it. Can someone please help me in getting the drivers.

FWIW I've had both WS-USC01 and WS-USC03 working using the Generic Zigbee Switch driver for a couple of weeks with no issues.

Where can I find the Generic Zigbee Switch driver? Also can you please let me know whether I need to select "Zigbee" or "Virtual" device? And also "Type" of the device in Device Information?

Which Generic Zigbee Switch Driver are you using? I am using * driver: v1.0.1.1123b with no luck on my WS-USC03. Looking forward to your response - I have 8 more of these switches to either return or get working haha

I am using the built-in "Generic Zigbee Switch" driver (my hub is on 2.3.4.123)

However both WS-USC01 and WS-USC03 have now dropped off the zigbee mesh at least once. I'm not sure what's going on, so I added a rule to poll them once in a while.

Funny thing is everybody seems to be having trouble with the battery-operated devices but I have 4 Aqara temperature/humidity sensors (WSDCGQ11LM) stable on this same mesh. For a couple of those, I had to repeat the mesh join process until the device found the "right" relay (Sinope thermostat in my case - those appear to be great relays) to keep them stable on the mesh. I figure I might do the same for the switches but I haven't found a way to get the generic switch driver to log what the upstream zigbee relay is, so I'm shooting in the dark.

@hubitrep Thank you for the response - I was able to get it working with that driver. I had to remove the device and reconnect by choosing device type (switch) and then the generic zigbee driver.

Once I did that, it's working perfectly.

I'll echo your sentiment on the battery devices. I have a bunch of their contact switches and they're working swimmingly. Really happy with them.

1 Like

the wheather sensor (humidity /pressure/ temperature) sensor lately
becomes unpresent in one or two days

Frustrated at my Aqara motion sensors not staying connected to my HE hub, nor my HaaS, I've yanked them all. At least on my HaaS they would stay connected for a month or two before dropping off. But I want something more stable.

I have 5 of them that I'd like to sell at $10 each, plus shipping. Anyone, that has had success with these, interested?

The success with the older generation of Xiaomi/Mija/Aqara motion sensors mostly depends on the Zigbee repeaters that these devices use to communicate with the Zigbee coordinator.

Do you have any Zigbee bulbs paired directly to HE hub, that are possible to be turned off from a mains switch?

1 Like

I do not. I purposely bought a few CentralLite outlet modules to place around the house with the primary purpose to act as a repeater. And use them in the holiday times as timers. But this had no impact.

Are your CentraLite outletls some of those models ?:

You can review again this writeup - although it was written 5 years ago, it is still actual :

2 Likes