[RELEASE] Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches Driver

Are your CentraLite outletls some of those models ?:

You can review again this writeup - although it was written 5 years ago, it is still actual :

2 Likes

4200-C according to my device details.

If you search this forum for "4200-C", there are 49 results and some of these may be related to 4200-C compatibility with Xiaomi/Aqara devices. I don't have any Centralite devices, so I can't comment.

1 Like

I could not keep Aqara contact sensors on my mesh until I added SonOff USB dongle Zigbee routers. For me that seems to have solved my problems with the Aqaras falling off the mesh. I don't use any other Aqara devices.

It's only been a few months, but so far so good.

3 Likes

Do you have a link or model number? I'm hesitant to buy more to hardware to keep these on the mesh, but if it works, and for long term, I could then shut down my HaaS Docker. Which solely exists for these Aqara sensors.

EDIT: I actually own one of those adapters, but it is connected to my HaaS. Do you have it plugged in and running on your HE? What about your native ZigBee radio in the hub?

I have them plugged into a wall wart USB charger, and it works as a repeater for my Zigbee mesh. You have to flash them... Details in the link above.

Just checked my dates and the Aqara contact sensors have been solid for three months.

2 Likes

I have lots off aqara sensors and ikea repeaters all working fine for 2years+. Since a couple of months I am adding 4 tuya thermostats one by one and now having issues since I connected the last device, mayby a faulty hardware or maybe all those devices make the reputation true not using the zigbee standard correct.

Can the SonOff be flashed back? I suppose I could use the one I have, but that would take those contact sensors that are working offline. And I'd be temporarily stealing from my HaaS.

I've only flashed one-way so far, but I see no reason why it could not be flashed back. Pinging @aaiyar, my SonOff Dongle Jedi Master. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, you can go back and forth.

1 Like

I shutdown my HaaS and flashed the SonOff to be a repeater. I moved all my Aqara contact sensors back to HE and re-added the Aqara motion sensors that were pulled, and ready for sale.

Two of my five motion sensors fell off, but in their defense, they didn't fully join correctly. The "Device Name" never popped up before the Zigbee inclusion finished. One of my contact sensors fell off too. This contact sensor did time out but a second or two later I got the Device Name box. I have factory reset the sensors and re-included them. It's a waiting game at the moment.

Couple of questions.

1. Is there any way to know that devices are relaying through the repeater? I haven't been able to see anything.
  2. What is the ideal place for this repeater? It's currently sitting about 4 feet away from my HE. I want to center it in the house, at my ceiling of the first floor. But is there a better spot?

If you're lucky you might see it here : http://(your hub ip)/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

I have one contact sensor that disconnects some time during the night, every night. Every day I factory reset it, start the ZigBee inclusion and it discovers the sensor. I don't remove it from the hub so it retains any app/rule configs. Any tips or tricks to help keep this one contact sensor online?

This sounds like a range or interference problem. Do you have a Zigbee repeater device nearby? If not, I would consider getting a cheap Tradfri plug from Ikea, setting it up somewhere near the sensor in question, and then factory reset and re-connect the sensor.

I flashed my SonOff to be a router and it is somewhat nearby. Through maybe 2 walls, but about 12-15 feet if you drew a straight line. There is a CentralLite outlet in the same room too. I also put a spare Aqara contact sensor in the same room, 1 foot away from the current one, and it hasn't gone offline....yet.

I think more important the SonOff is biased closer to the devices than the hub,.. you could also consider a larger antenna than the small stock antenna.

Zigbee devices will not reroute to better connections unless they loose connection and are awaken to try to reconnect.

If you have a better Zigbee network now, I would suggest resetting the device and then trying a Zigbee rediscovery, which should get a confirmation of previously registered device. This rediscovery should be attempted close to the place of final location. This works wonders for me with unstable Zigbee devices.

Thanks for the tip that Zigbee does not reroute. I was not aware of that. As for resetting and rediscovering, I spent 3 days doing that thinking it would pick up the Sonoff better. I ultimately swapped the contact sensors. Putting one that was stable where the unstable one is and resetting the unstable one, again. Neither device fell off the network last night and are still reporting.

I think @a.mcdear is correct. This may be a range thing. I also moved my Sonoff repeater upstairs as close to center as I can get without it being an eye soar to the family. I'll look into a larger antennae too. Any recommendations?

My understanding about zigbee network mesh recovery is slightly different then BiGs -
the Coordinator is the command center for your mesh. While I agree that unlike an tcp/ip network, routing protocols such as RIP2, BGP or OSPF don't exist as the foundation doesn't exist. the cause of all repeaters to drop and reset is loss of connection to the coordinator.
A timer is set, and after that period the table is dropped and router queries begin bouncing in attempt to relocate the coordinator. Once the coordinator location is given up on, all routers drop and begin beaconing until the coordinator is relocated, then routes rebuilt.
If you buy what I'm selling - turn off your hub. It is the singular Coordinator of your mesh. After 90 seconds (the default period as I recall) the mesh will beacon, and go into rebuild once the coordinator is relocated. I turn off my Coordinator, (the hub) and wait about 10 minutes to be certain all devices haved timed out. then I restart my Hub, and let the mesh rebuild. Many will tell you it can take hours, but truthfully it takes more like 30-60 minutes (zigbee 3.0). Here's my mesh - Coordinator and Repeaters only (the E device is a funky Tuya device I'm experimenting writing a new driver for)

2 Likes

@chirpy
Wondering if there is a quick Groovy fix to truncate the temp result.
I have had 2 decimal accuracy all the time but since I put in an offset due to errors in the reported temp from various devices I get a big accuracy which displays terribly :wink: