[RELEASE] Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches Driver

Warning: Thread Breaking Post - READ but do not reply.

START OPINION

Wow, I've said it before and I'll say it again...the "Valley of HE 3rd Party Development" is a verdant "Proof of Concept" harvest from which HE Staff could very well pick the fruits with nary a complaint from the developer as many would likely be proud of having their work well regarded. attributed, and no longer a support burden on them.

Looks like the last time he was under the hood was a long time ago. Tell me he'd say NO if HE asked to copy the concept. Doubtful.
""

• Changelog:
  • 1.0.1 (07/07/2019)
  •  - Initial Release

""

This and many other things like it should be supported functionality WITHIN HE. Should NOT be something one has to pull in from a GITHUB Acct, start to rely on, and then worry will break sometime down the road as HE evolves.

END OPINION

(P.S. - Thanks for bringing this App to our attention, so cool)

2 Likes

Your opinion misses one relevant point .... the Xiaomi devices do not conform to the Zigbee standard. And apparently they ( Xiaomi ) have no intention of conforming. They push the use of their own hub.

3 Likes

Is it possible to set the re-triggering time with the motion sensor? RTCGQ11LM
Or what is the default value, if not possible?

I have six of these temp/humidity sensors. I added them to my C7 after testing with a couple of the Aqara motion sensors.

At the time I was using tradfri repeaters and Sonoff S31 lite plug-ins as repeaters … and the havoc began after adding the WSDCGQ11LM. Not only were they dropping off the mesh but the sonoffs were as well.

I moved the temp sensor and a few tradfri repeaters to my C5 on a different zigbee channel and they have been behaving well for about three weeks now.

The Aqara motions are still on my C7 and doing fine.

I want to be notified when the battery change date is passed by x day's for a device using this driver.
I guess first thing we need is a new attribute, a field "Battery Date" field (manual changeable)?

Anyone a suggestion how to do?

This app adds custom fields to the device information.

indeed, a handy app, in the meantime I had already found it

I am not sure if there is something I am missing.

I have a RTCGQ01LM and it works fine, and is pretty fast, but if I am in the room, and moving around, at the 61 second it seems to reset as the "reset motion timer" is set, the lights turn off. Is there something I am missing, I don't want it to cool down if there is still motion.

should it not show as active if there is activity?

As a work around until you get an answer to your question, have you tried using a trigger that waits for the sensor to be without motion for a specific period of time (ex.: 1-2 minutes?)

2 Likes

Are these drivers still maintained?

I'm still around :smiley:

13 Likes

Hi All,

I have the QBKG24LM with netural double rocker switch, I am able to pair the switch with hubitat but no driver is able to turn off and on.

The error in the log show, user_driver_waytotheweb_Xiaomi_Aqara_Mijia_Sensors_and_Switches_572.push() is applicable for argument types

Am i doing something wrong?

I don’t know if someone added capability to this driver at some point. Thread is way too long.

Anyway, try this driver. It’s old, but might work with the model you have. Press Configure after selecting the driver and saving device.

Seems like its not working as well, i tried to do Push on Value 1. Got the following error.

2022-06-28 12:58:17.769 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_guyee_Aqara_Wall_Switch__QBKG11LM__QBKG12LM__neutral___Double_relay__LLKZMK11LM__580.push() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal) values: [1]

Evening All,
New user here
Driver is recognizing motion sensor as a button. What am I doing wrong ?It is motion sensor RTCGQ01LM. Is the driver suppose to recognize the device or am I suppose to input the model number somewhere ? I did press configure then saved device after but did not change anything.

Thanks

This driver takes the capabilities of several different devices (one being a button controller) and combines them into a single driver for simplicity. So the commands needed for Button Controller are visible, but not functional. It looks like yours is working as it has registered motion under Current States.

1 Like

Thanks BJ I was wondering that and thanks for confirming. I did see in the device reports it was switching from active to inactive every minute as expected. I will tinker with the rules again tonight. I was using the room lighting app but will switch to basic rules for something simpler. I could not get the lights to turn on or off using rule I created. The lights will turn on and off using the button under device room in both hallway and bathroom . So the hue app import worked just fine just need to get the Xiaomi motion sensors working and I am good.

Little history been tinkering with smart home gadgets for 3 yrs so I understand the logic. I am not strong on the software code but have played with software code a little. My phone is rooted and using Tasker very much. Is a 3yr old phone that works like it has a new battery. I have a app that only lets it charge to 75% and using tasker to start doze immediately when screen off so my battery typically lasts 2 days if I change setting to charge to 100%. I have security setup so that if my phone is lost or stolen I send a message to it then it locks display and starts sending location every 30 seconds.

1 Like

Morning All,
Just wanted to say thank you very much to Chirpy and the rest of community supporting him with testing this driver. I got all 3 of Xiaomi motion sensors working last night perfectly. I used the basic rules instead it had everything I needed. Finally 1 hub not proprietary , local, ,many manufacturers and a great community what else can you ask for. Defiantly leaving good reviews on amazon. Now I am excited to start buying devices again I had stopped last few months because of the delay I was getting with multiple hubs connected through Alexa rules. The reaction time with these Xiaomi sensors is immediate watching them at device level in setting and physically walking into a room. I had really hoped this would work and it does

Thank you again
Sand

6 Likes

Is there any way to set the sensitivity level for the Aqara Vibration Sensor using this driver?

I've been experimenting with this driver for my MCCGQ11LM. I run Maker API and present my devices to a docker image of Homebridge so I can use HomeKit on some devices. Oddly, I noticed a "leak" being reported for my MCCGQ11LM... that's weird because the device doesn't have moisture/water/wetness sensing of any kind. I was unable clear the error in HomeKit so after a few hours I went into Maker and removed the MCCGQ11LM entirely, rebooted my docker, then re-added the MCCGQ11LM. This cleared things up.

I think I have 6 MCCGQ11LM devices around my house but only this one uses the Mijia driver and it's the only one that's ever reported a "leak." I can't seem to find any remnants of the leak in logs, or I'd have posted it here. I don't have any continued issues but thought I'd post here about the strange behavior in case it's helpful to anyone.