[Release] X-10 Devices using Mchad or Heyu with Node Red bridge

Well Had it all working...rebooted my Raspberry and everything stopped working. I put it the test commands to Mochad no issues. I connect it to HE and it no longer works. No clue. Is anyone still using this?

I assume you're running Node Red. Do you see the telnet node connected ?

I got it working. Headspace and timing issue. Forgot to change my IP for my Ras in the application. Thanks again for your help

NP, glad you got it worked out

yep I am back. So I moved my machine which means it rebooted. Started having issues again and here is what I found out. In order for everything to work first, I had to take node-red out of the systemctrl, auto start, and run it by hand, I think maybe Mochad was starting up before node-red or visa versa. Then I had to go into the application and go like I was going to add another control and just hit done and now everything works until it reboots again. So with that, I must ask how you are starting both applications and in what order. Then I need to figure out what I basically have to refresh the application.

I tried this method and could not get it to work even when I updated to the latest loads. It got close but when I went to create the groups I kept on getting an error so I gave up. is there a later setup version @Chad_Heminger

Post a screen capture of your Mochad flow

It is the same one in the link above. Should I be using something different

Too many links...
Here's mine

Yep that is it

Suggestion, change Startup inject node for a longer delay

not sure where I would do that

You could have edited the startuo node and changed the delay value. What you did, adding dely node is equivalent. Your node (Mochad & Telnet) statuses indicate that all your connections are correct. Not sure why not working

Stepping back. What did you move ? Was it a Rpi that hosts MOCHAD ? Have you checked proper MOCHAD operation by using command prompt to send X10 command successfully ?

Wow...saw the title of this thread and boy did it take me back...ran heyu with x10 back in the late 90s....whew we've come a long way! I even made a web interface with a server running in the house to control things...seemed like magic back then.

Ah the good old days...

Everything is working with the delay. Afraid to reboot the server and see it go down again. When I have time I will do so to see what happens

Glad you've made progress

Rebooted the server and everything on the server went fine but I had to reinit the application in Hubitat for it to come alive again. Basically, reopen it and save it again