[No Longer Maintained] Withings Integration

Yeah. It's had to tell when you haven't done it! It really depends on how complicated it is. For the Withings I had to learn how Hubitat does OAuth which is something I didn't know before. Now that I know I'm sure it'd have gone faster... it's just the learning process that takes time, and of course tracking down the inevitable bugs that other people report even though it works for me!

1 Like

Just wanna say thanks again for the integration.

1 Like

Do I need to manually make the sleep mat a presence sensor?

Nope. It should register the first time you get into bed.

Oh thanks, I was in bed when I configured it. Thx

If you get in or out it should register.

No update :disappointed:

Please check the logs and ensure debug logging is enabled. Not much can be discerned from a blank screen...

Got it working. Thanks for all your hard work

Great!!

I used this integration for a full week and the sleep sensor triggered accurately and reliably every time. I noticed it was on average about 2s faster than IFTTT. I went back to the home assistant integration only because I'm limiting my HE hub to only be used as a zwave/zigbee controller. In any other situation I'd have been very comfortable removing the IFTTT component completely. Well done!

Just so you know my presence takes 30–45 secs.

Wow, that's really slow! Do you have decent internet?

I'm getting around 10-15s max (often sub 10). With this integration, HA's integration and IFTTT.

Although they do occasionally do some weird things. I often see the sensors cycling on/off/on/off/on/off etc.. etc.. every 30s. It may just be the weight of my mattress or something I dunno. In my automations when the sensor is triggered on, I set a 10min delay and it re-checks to make sure it's still on then runs the goodnight routine. If it triggers off it cancels the 10min delay. Once I'm actually in bed I don't see it jumping around like that.

I haven't had any problems like that either and I have a decently heavy mattress (a Purple Mattress). They have a semi-hidden setting that maybe both you and @frmWink2Hubitat might want to try... In the HealthMate app, go to Devices, then choose the sleep pad and choose More Settings. There is an Increase sensitivity option you might want to give a shot. Also try turning the pad off/on. That forces a recalibration.

Increased sensitivity actually makes it too sensitive. I've got a king size tempur pedic hybrid mattress so it's got the heavy dence foam plus 1500 coils. I've got 2 sensors under it. With increased sensitivity turned on, 1 sensor basically does the entire bed which means the wife will trigger my sensor and vice versa.

The first time I noticed it did the on/off/on/off thing I thought it was one of the sensors going bad. Scared the crap out of me too. Was home alone watching a horror flick in the basement when my goodnight routine triggered from someone was in bed and the entire house shut off.... LOL But it actually does it on both, probably a total of 10 times so far.

Either way, putting in the failsafe of 10mins to be considered in bed means I won't accidentally trigger the goodnight routine if I put a basket of laundry on the bed or sit on it for 30s, etc.. etc..

@dman2306 Thank you, and darn you, for this integration :grinning: I got a sleep pad and it worked so well I got a Body+ scale, and then a Steel HR Sport watch. The BP connect cuff is on it's way.

I am wondering how I can get my activity data (steps, distance, etc) into the watch device (activity tracker driver). I can see the info in the logs but only the sleep data, generated by the watch, populates in the watch device. Let me know if I can provide any more info and thanks again.

It was supposed to but I think you're the first person giving it a try and clearly there is an issue.

What's interesting, and why it's not working, is the log shows that Withings is sending back a device ID of null. Their api documentation (which kind of sucks) doesn't say that's possible.

I added a workaround for that, can you upgrade and let me know if it works now?

2 Likes

It works! Thank you very much. Now I can embarrass myself even more :laughing:.

1 Like

Hello.
So, I have a scale and bp cuff. What are some use cases everyone is using the HE integration for? I look at my info in either the native W app or Google Fit. What am I missing?