[Release] Withings Integration (New Management)

@rlithgow1, just realized this question may have been pointed at me. The answer is Yes, several times. Every time I recreate, the scale comes through as "Null" just like @jschlote noted a few messages up in the thread.

The device still works, so it's not a big deal (just a label, after all), but figured @JustinL would want to know.

I reinstalled the account today, got same issue, null for scale, the bp device shows fine

@mluck @jschlote what scales are you using? (Myself I'm using a body+) I'm just wondering if for some reason the newer scales are slightly different and the attribute is elsewhere in the api... (I know that sounds silly, @JustinL is the expert)

I just pushed a potential fix. The function being used to create the devices has since been deprecated and did not specify an explicit label. I updated the function call and explicitly set the label. You'll have to uninstall and reinstall to see the fix, though, so that the device is recreated.

2 Likes

Should I do that even though my body+ works fine?

No, I wouldn't.

1 Like

Thanx. And thanx for all your hard work on this.

Im using a Body+ too

Awesome thank you so much. Will give it a try as soon as I get home end of the week.

I did a fresh install on a new hub and am able to pair my Withings account through the app and see the devices associated with my account. Unfortunately, the device pages for the devices are not showing any attributes or data. Any ideas on how I can begin to troubleshoot this?

edit: it looks like "https://cloud.hubitat.com/oauth/stateredirect" is throwing an error in the Withings API. When test the address I get this message, "Our servers couldn't reach this URL: Partner error: Host Unreachable"

I noticed the same thing, but it didn't affect the HE integration, so I'd encourage you to push on anyway

Bad news @JustinL, I'm still getting "Null" as the Scale+ device name. I did remove the app and devices, installed v1.7.2 of Withings User app (but not Integration app and not the drivers), and recreated everything from scratch. But no joy.

Truly not a big deal for me, because everything still works. Just letting you know.

That's good to know--I'm assuming it will take a little while for attributes to populate. I think I remember that happening on my last install.

I’m getting this error now too. Anything you did to fix?

@JustinL I'm not getting that but I'm getting the following

1 Like

Seeing the same as @rlithgow1, but only on one of my two Withings. The other doesn’t seem to have any issues.

I went in the app and re-authorized its token. Will see if that fixes it.

1 Like

The attributes in my Body+ and Thermo is not showing? Is there something that I need to do? The battery attribute show up but the others do not? Here is what I'm getting?

Did you select an attribute after setting the attribute template?

1 Like

As I recall I had to delete everything and set it all back up again. I also had to set up separate dev accounts; one for me and one for my wife.

1 Like

@DiverRich If I understand you correctly, I would need to remove everything and start over does that include the Device and app codes? Thanks for you help.

@leeonestop, did you see the helpful question form @bjcowles a couple messages up in this thread? Usually, when I get "Please Select an Attribute" on a dashboard tile, it's because I forgot to do exactly that. Before you delete and redo a bunch of work, I'd highly suggest you try @bjcowles' suggestion!

Good luck...

1 Like