[Release] WiOn Woods (AKA EcoPlugs) Smart Outlets (0.70)

WiOn Woods (AKA EcoPlugs) Smart Outlets Driver

Also known as Dewenwils

Initial Release

Known bugs:

1. Does not get device state
  2. Connection to devices are not persistent
  3. Energy reading does not work on supported devices
  4. Individual outlet devices are not supported yet

1486799422693-upload-f28c5153-ba94-45dd-93c6-56d83bdec6e0

SX425 SX466 Unknown

And many more!

More information to follow!

Setup:

1. Install the driver
  2. Get your device's IP/Port on your network (the port on these is 80 by default)
  3. Get your device's ID from the EcoPlugs (or WiOn) App under its settings page (It looks something like ECO-12345678)
  4. Make a new virtual device in Hubitat with this driver
  5. Put this information into your device settings in Hubitat

That's it!

Initial Release

Known bugs:

1. Does not get device state
  2. Connection to devices are not persistent
  3. Energy reading does not work on supported devices
  4. Individual outlet devices are not supported yet

Download Here

Or, copy raw import URL here

I develop for fun and certainly don't require payment, but if you want to buy me a coffee or something, you can use the button below :slightly_smiling_face:

donate-button

3 Likes

Thanks for developing this, I've had one of these sitting for a few years not bothering to use it since it was not compatible or so i thought.

Just curious what was the process you used to make this app. I got a wifi hot tub controller i have been trying to crack to make a driver for and i cannot make heads or tales out of the packets i pick up from it using wireshark. Do you have any tips?

1 Like

Just lots of experience starting with other devices, and coming back to this one every once in a while. Epoch time threw me off the most with this one, but once I figured that out the rest just fell together.

You start by controlling what you can, and creating further tests that push the envelope slowly, but surely :slight_smile:

In this case, I had one device and just started with turning on/off. Then I compared it with a second device. I looked for data that made sense, and pieced it together.

1 Like

Thanks ! It is working perfectly !

1 Like

Hey All,
Been using this one on a few Different Wion devices the last few months. The things are a pain to get paired and on the Wifi at times, but after that have generally worked well.

Until.... Setting up Christmas lights .. I started using a 2 outlet, outdoor unit. as well as the larger staked unit with 3 outlet.

The 2 Outlet unit is connected and works.. but I am finding it is very 'sleepy' and seems to drop off .. thus missing the nightly automations either on or off.

If I go into the Device page and turn it on or off.. it doesn't respond on the cycle of the 2 commands, but will respond to the second. (Yes I am giving it time.. in between) So it seems the first is 'waking' it but not generating the response/action to turn on.

Any suggestions on how to get this guy to stay awake/on-line?

Weird. I just put up my Christmas lights with these and was surprised at how well this ol’ driver still works.

I wonder if the refresh command isn’t working. Do you see anything responding from the device in your logs when you hit refresh?

Not getting anything in the logs for either one with the Refresh.

Am getting this Error for the 2 outlet that is not responding.

Thanks for jumping on so quick!

Ah. Something isn’t transmitting correctly with Refresh for that unit... I’ll take a look sometime this week.

Which unit is that? Got a URL?

It's the 2 outlet. Their model # 64317601

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/wion-outdoor-wi-fi-dual-outlet-with-wireless-switch-and-programmable-timer-black/1001015269?searchterm=1001015269

Let me know if their is more info I can provide to assist... Happy to test stuff for you if needed. (Im no good on to coding side unfortunately - but can follow directions)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.