[RELEASE] Weather observations from Personal Weather Station via Weather Underground

This is a device driver for getting weather information from a personal weather station via Weather Underground:

In order to work, you need to specify a Weather Underground API key and, of course, a weather station to get data from.

In addition to retrieving the latest observation, it also computes the average temperature over a specified number of hours, which was inspired by Gary Milne's NWS data driver.

2 Likes

Doesn't Derek Osborne's driver already do that? Just curious what yours improves on... (Don't get me wrong, glad you made it!!!!!!)

Oh, you’re right. I don’t know how I missed that. The difference between the two then is that mine I only makes 1 API call for observations but doesn’t provide forecast information or weather tiles. It has one additional feature: it computes temperature averages.

I’ll mention the driver as an alternative, and think about whether I want to send a request for enhancements to Derek Osborne.

Thanks, @rlithgow1.

1 Like

Also has these

Also please understand, I was not trying to denigrate your driver.... I was just genuinely interested in the differences. I love we have one more person writing stuff for Hubitat!