[RELEASE] Weather-Display With OWM-Alerts Forecast Driver

3 day forcast shows 99% rain for tomorrow but rain tomorrow shows zero. I need a percent of rain for tomorrow for my project.

Do you have that optional attribute selected?

Yes, I do. Also, on line 1339 you have an extra space between 0 and M that is causing the driver not to udpate every 10 min, that i fixed myself, but yo might wnat to update.

I'm confused??? Line 1339 is:
Summary_last_poll_date = (myGetData('sutime') > myGetData('futime') ? new Date().parse(tfmt2, myGetData('sutime')).format(dfmt1, TimeZone.getDefault()) : new Date().parse(tfmt2, myGetData('futime')).format(dfmt1, TimeZone.getDefault()))

Are you sure you are using this driver (V0.4.9 04/17/2022)?

Can you confirm I am based on below? 2nd shot shows line 1339

I can confirm you are not using this driver. This driver is the 'Weather-Display' version of the driver you are using. It requires you have a Personal Weather Station and are using Weather-Display software. The driver you are using is here:

I guess I will move this conversation to that thread.

UPDATED V0.5.1 06/11/2022

• Corrected 3 day tile icon to honor user's selection of Current or Forecast icon.

UPDATED V0.5.2 06/12/2022

• Both MyTile and the Three day Forecast Tile now use the Icon and Text selected in the 'Condition Icon/Text for current day on MyTile & Three Day Forecast Tile' option.

This has been corrected in the code. Re-import the code or do a Repair in HPM. The version number was not updated.

Thanks @arnb

[UPDATED] V0.5.3 07/26/2022

• Improved Fallback to hub location defaults and estimates for Sunrise-Sunset.org poll failure.

[UPDATED] V0.5.4 07/28/2022

[UPDATED 08/20/2022 V0.5.4]

• More corrections to sunrise/sunset data when when there is a Sunrise-Sunset.org failure.

If using HPM Update or do a repair. Otherwise open the driver code and re-import from the Github source.

[UPDATED V0.5.6 08/22/2022]

This version completely removes the sunrise-sunset.org poll. It will use the Hub's sunrise and sunset times then calculate Noon as the mid-point of those. It estimates twilight begin as 25 minutes before sunrise and twilight end as 25 minutes after sunset. With these estimates the sunrise-sunset.org poll is no longer required.

I made this change very quickly, but I have not seen any errors in my brief testing. Please report any issues and I will address as quickly as I can. Thanks.

[UPDATED V0.5.7 08/23/2022]

• Added user selection of 2.5 or 3.5 OWM API Key

• Moved Schedule Change log notice to Extended Logging.

If you have a legacy OWM 2.5 API Key the new API Key Version must be OFF (Default). If you have a new OWM 3.0 API Key the API Key Version must be ON.

If using HPM do an Update or a repair. Otherwise open the driver code and re-import the code. Thanks.

What advantages does having a OWM 3.0 API Key have over 2.5 ? I went to the OpenWeather website and it wasn't immediately clear to me. Is the 3.0 API subscription only and 2.5 is free? I haven't paid for my API key to access OWM and don't plan to change that if I can help it.

I don't know that there are any advantages of the 3.0 key versus the 2.5 key. The 2.5 key is no longer obtainable, so new users can only get a 3.0 key. In order to get a 3.0 key they must put in a payment method that will be charged should they exceed the 1,000 calls per day 'free' limit. As far as I have been able to determine the functionality is identical. A 2.5 key will only work on the 2.5 API endpoint. It will not work on the 3.0 API endpoint. A 3.0 key will only work on the 3.0 API endpoint. It will not work on the 2.5 API endpoint.

4 Likes

@Matthew, thanks for this great driver. I am wondering if the attribute Weather Condition Code IDs could be added to the driver?

The driver does not expose the actual condition_id as an attribute. Please feel free to add that to your copy of the driver it you need it. The driver does the mapping of condition_id to condition_code, icon_code(s) and condition_text. See driver code line 1797-1853 for the mapping used.

Thank you and sorry to admit that, actually, I don't know how to do that (write or modify a driver). I was wondering if you could add it to a future version, sorry if that was presumptive. But thank you again.