[RELEASE] WATO - When any Attribute Then this cmd Otherwise that cmd

Hey Bangali,

Any chance you could incorporate (Rule Machine) local end points into the Wato app. I think I get around all my virtual switches by using WATO to trigger a virtual endpoint, which in turn triggers a rule to change my global variable (that can only be accessed within RM).

Mike.

Edit: I see up on Jan 1 that you hint this may be incoming........:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

yep plan to … just been traveling a lot for work and havent had time to finish up the code along with support for multiple attributes and push it out. :frowning:

2 Likes

Appreciate it mate. Looking forward to it.

Any chance of possibly adding "Fade" into this selection like how it is in rule machine?

Wapo%20Request%201

1 Like

Love the app.
Would it be hard to add the operator Between?
As in if the value changes to between 4 and 10, do X.

Thanks!

1 Like

@bangali

Now that's a name I have not heard in a long time.

• heard = seen posting on HE forums.

Come back @bangali, your WATO's only hope.

2 Likes

back. so heres my situation … been traveling for work … my mac upgrade to mojave turned off remote access to my laptop … so been having a hard time getting to any code update … hence been delaying on various requests … though i have been bookmarking the requests.

anyone want to suggest a SECURE and reasonably simple option to remote back to home mac that they use and know it works well?

thank you.

2 Likes

I use Teamviewer. But if you are not at home probably there is nothing you can do right now.

2 Likes

with mac? thru VPN or poke a hole in the wall? traveling again tomorrow but home today. :slight_smile:

No vpn needed, very stable, you can use your phone for remote. Secure too. Check the personal use, not corporate.

Teamviewer.com

actually i had setup teamviewer on the home and travel macs … but when looking remotely for my home laptop never seems to find it. wondering if it has anything to do with my devices being mac.

Did you programmed the remote management? The fixed password? You can try the host app instead the full app. I been using teamviewer for years, probably more than 10 years, works great in my mac.

I have an account with them too, so I login and see all the computers I have.

1 Like

this should do it?

1 Like

Yep. Did you programmed the password? It will change every time the computer reboots if it is not programmed for remote access.

1 Like

Dump the MAC and use RDP. :wink:
If you're not willing to use a real computer, well TeamViewer is your best cheap bet, I think.

1 Like

Oh, you mean Linux? :wink:

Dont know how secure it is, or if it works on the mac, so likely pointless to suggest, but I use Google's remote desktop pretty reliably... pc religion aside it works for my needs when I can't get over to help me Ma out of her latest tech pickle.

real computer :rofl:

I should just take the time to get DDNS and openvpn setup is what I should do.

I have been noticing WATO has not been triggering my virtual switch even though the condition is met. I have it setup with the APIXU device using the condition codes for different weather. Even though I confirmed that the condition code is met, WATO never triggers the virtual switch on/off. The problem is its also inconsistent, and sometimes it seems to be working.

Edit: Looping in @bangali if you have any ideas or have seen this issue.

1 Like