[RELEASE] WATO - When any Attribute Then this cmd Otherwise that cmd

did you know WATO supports comparing to average, min, max and sum of attribute values?

you can specify multiple devices … pick an attribute and tell WATO to compare using value from one of those options.

2 Likes

Thank you! This just solved my HEM V1 problem. I could get the readings into an attribute but didn't have child devices to be able to use them in RM. With this...I can just flip switches for what I need when the powerTwo attribute is greater than! Awesome! Thanks.

2 Likes

Given this statement @bravenel I wonder if the new driver for denon AVR will trigger an update to RM to allow for control of those devices? As it is now, after the 2.x update I don't see a way to control these devices in RM directly... am I missing something or is it WIP?
Specifically I'm interested in controlling source input, volume level by #, and on/off (currently done by switch , which works, but feels like a cheat.

The quote from me had to do with capabilities for things that are conditions. You are talking about actions, commands to devices. You can use Custom Commands in Rule Machine to expose every command a device offers and then use that command in rules and triggers. You only need to expose the command once for a specific device, and then it becomes available as part of the action repertoire of Rule Machine.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for taking the time to explain! I guess I was thinking "is this damn thing on?" as a condition test. Some of the silo-ing of what options are available where is a bit of a mystery to me still and I keep thinking if it's a command that works with that device, i.e. volume up/dn etc, it should be available in RM as an option... which you've explained it is, I just have to do the leg work. Which is no problem at all, I just have to figure out how to name each rule to make that long list under RM better organized so I can find/follow my logic... fuzzy at that is.
Cheers.

It appears this works as a Condition. If Attribute is true then cmd.

Can this work as a trigger? If Attribute becomes true, then cmd?

I do not find that, but I wanted to check.

it works as a trigger. as in if the value of an attribute changes and matches condition act on the device commands specified.

oh, great. that's exactly what I need!

1 Like

First test did not work. :frowning:

The WATO:

The log of SS changing to Armed Home
status HOME DEVICE 2018-11-27 10:22:13.152 PM EST

However, the virtual switch 'Alarm SS-Home-Virtual'.

What did I do wrong?

probably nothing … please check if there is anything in the logs while trying it again.

also if you check the device simplisafe what is the current value of state variable status?

edit: may be compare it to armed home instead of home?

Sorry I was literally falling asleep as I was working this last night, so gave up. It appears even though the 'Case Sensitive' flag was in the off position, this was the issue. Status is reporting as OFF, HOME and AWAY; where I was using off, home and away.

I have this working through virtual switches, but no way to directly interact with HSM?

In effect I am trying to slave HSM to SS actions such that when the SS keypad is used, HSM keeps up.

Awesome app by the way.

@bangali
In your operator list what exactly is the UP ARROW for compared to greater or less than?

I'm monitoring a single clamp of my 1st gen AEON HEM. and would like to only trigger when the power rises above. Currently everytime it reports it's turning off a switch when I really only need it to turn ON above a certain value and off below. I'm thinking that might be what those arrows are for?

yup … up arrow is rises above and down is falls below.

1 Like

I read in a different thread that you used WATO so that you could extract ecobee thermostat cooling stages to control your ceiling fans? This is EXACTLY what I want to do! Help me understand the steps you did to get there. I have loaded WATO and looking to see how to do this. It isn't obvious to me how you did this when I look at the available attributes of the ecobee.

My desire is:
When I have the ecobee in Cooling mode I want to monitor the ecobee call for the first stage of cooling and when it is on I want to turn on my cooling fan low speed, and the second stage of cooling to turn on high speed.

I don't want to duplicate the wheel and use a smart-app as I did in ST to control the fan but use the existing ecobee cooling control algorithms to stage my cooling fan speeds in stages that can be viewed and setpoint changed from the ecobee screen.

was that using WATO or maybe it was using rooms manager?

updated github with the following changes:

Version 4.0.1

*  2018-12-26   cleaned up settings bug
*  2018-12-24	added option to use attribute value as first parameter in device command
1 Like

Will WATO allow me to set one dimmer to another dimmer's level? I want to create something that says when Dimmer 1 turns on, set level to Dimmer 2's level. I installed and it wasn't obvious whether it can do this, and if so, how to do it.

dont think that would work today.

added support to check for any changes to attribute value in latest version on github. so when the attribute value of a device changes you can set another device to the same attribute value.

this will partially allow what you are looking as in if level changes on 1 light another light can be set to the same level.

i know its not exactly what you asked but this was a quick holiday pass. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the quick response...that sounds a lot like the "track dim" feature in RM.

My use case is probably a bit unique, so that won't solve my problem unfortunately.

I have some dimmers that I fade up at sunrise over 30 minutes, and fade down at sunset over 30 minutes. I use a virtual dimmer for each one to track the "target" level of each dimmer. Target level changes independent of current dimmer's state...if the dimmer turns off, it stays off but the target level continues to change. If the dimmer is manually changed, that's fine, but the target level continues to change independent of the current level. Then, if the dimmer turns off and back on, it should go directly to it's target level.

I have this working ok in RM, but it takes 5 rules per dimmer to make it happen. My workaround for not being able to set one dimmer to another's current level is to enable Track Dim, decrement the target level by 1, wait 1 second, then raise it by 1 back to it's original level. It works, but it's hacky.

It's no big deal if WATO doesn't do this...don't add it just for me since I have it working a different way. Just was asking if it already had this capability, as this would really simplify things.