[RELEASE] WATO - When any Attribute Then this cmd Otherwise that cmd

good!

you also mentioned the setup you were using and i knew this would simplify things quite a bit for you and for other users trying the same. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i guess i could add additional triggers but then someone else is going to ask for multiple command support and soon i will be rebuilding RM. :wink:

one learns to never say never but for now going to stick with When any Attribute Then this command Otherwise that command framework … so one of each.

sorry.

2 Likes

You kinda can set one dimmer to another in RM, though. That is how I do it now. (sorry for the off topic from WATO post).

Right, that works as long as the trigger/condition dimmer is changing. If you want to set dimmer 1 to dimmer 2's level when dimmer 2 is not changing, RM can't do this. My workaround was to force dimmer 2 to change by adjusting down 1%, then back up 1%, but it was hacky and there was a (short) delay between the decrement and increment, which translated to a delay in the target dimmer adjusting. @bangali's update makes this unnecessary, which simplifies things and eliminates the delay.

Edit: Necessity is the mother of invention I Guess:

The previously posted rule ensures the two dimmers are the same after the master one turns on.

Then this second rule always keeps them in sync as the master is changed after they are on.

OK, enough thread hijacking. :smile:

1 Like

@bravenel pointed me to this thread which i had completely missed. awesome to see @bravenel released the apis for RM … i had been one of the users requesting HE make these available so other apps could use RM to run the actions. :smile:

so guess what folks? … :wink:

2 Likes

@bangali does WATO support REGEX for text attributes?

Example: trigger on weather attribute containing the text SNOW or RAIN?

i will add it this weekend along with support for executing RM actions.

2 Likes

@bangali - can WATO compare humidity on the same device?

Scenario:

• bathroom humidity at 37%; lights at 75%
  • humidity goes up by 10% and motion; lights change to 100%

WATO only supports 1 trigger match check with 1 match or 1 unmatched command.

what you are looking for is rooms manager. :slight_smile:

Rooms is too large of an app for me to use for just 1 room. :cry:. Bummer was hoping WATO could be my answer.

sounds like you should use it for more than 1 room :smiley:

1 Like

Alas I cannot. My WAF is stable. I am now hesitant to do updates. Lol!

I hear you

but … what if you could take that rooms automation experience to beyond stable … have it be her indispensable companion? :smiley:

I joke … a little.

1 Like

Yeah...I have used Rooms with ST and loved it. On HE I have not had the same loving WAF experience as I have with RM currently.

Why does the three axis data return Null? Cant figure it out. In the maker API my st multi sensor v5 is reporting three axis data. In WATO the return is null. I tried to figure it out but groovy is very bizarre to me

This app is awesome with my ApiXU Weather Driver. One thing I'm trying to do is turn on a roof snow melt system (a.k.a. Gutterglove) when it's snowing. I see there are a dozen conditions with snow in the text. I can go through and create a separate WATO child for each condition separately, but is there a way to either enter a list of values (essentially an IN statement) or have a text contains operator? Great work!

1 Like

thanks for the great idea. i will see if i can add that in to WATO.

1 Like

So I just stumbled upon this app and it appears that it's just what I'm looking for but I'm not sure if I'm implementing it properly because I can't get it to trigger my switch. My ultimate goal is to have it send me a notification if the weather changes to rain and the windows are open. However since it's February in New York right now, it's not too likely to rain so I simply setup a test script to insure I could get it to flip the virtual switch (Rain Alert) based on the current condition (overcast), But no matter what I do it doesn't seem to want to flip that switch to on. How often does this app poll the APIXU weather device? I've let it sit for an hour and still nothing. Help!!!

Trying to setColortemperature as the Command match, when I select anything as a command param type you can't enter a value. The Command param 1 (number)?* is only visible if you don't select a type. Bug?