[RELEASE] Volvo On Call (VOC)

No problem, happy for you to use my code. My VOC subscription has ended so I can’t do much more until the new year when I will have a new VOC subscription.

The functions of the Volvo on call app are basically disabled while the car is in use.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for you Volvo driver!

I wpuld like to make a rule on Rule Machine that when I open the door my car engine starts. The problem is I can't find anything related to Volvo pr its engine.
So is there a possibility to make some kind of custom commands of certain attributes?

Never mind. I figured it out with actuator capability.

Thanks again!

Not sure if this topic is active anymore, but I have a Volvo with a fuel heater that I can turn on and off remotely with the Volvo app.

I want to be able to see in Hubitat when the heater is turned on or off (actual status and when the status is changed), but I can't seem to find that parameter.

Is this parameter included in this driver?
If it is, how do I find it?

All I can find is "remoteClimatizationStatus", but the status of that parameter in Hubitat is "null" and I'm not sure if it is the correct parameter?

It's active, in that I use it every day, but I haven't changed my version since I released it. Are you using mine or the OP?

I'm using your version (v2).

The "remoteClimatizationStatus" doesn't show under the Device / Current States either (if this happens to be the correct parameter).
It only shows as "null" when I add it to a rule.

I'm about to get a Volvo soon. This seems useful!

It is :slight_smile:.

Which model?

heh haggling on a 22 cpo xc60 b6 inscription (volvo names are a mouthful!)

1 Like

Haha they are indeed. Inscription is a really nice trim level though. Enjoy!

1 Like

I hadn't realized there was another person working on this. I had branched off @Andrew1 code in early 2020, and have been making some personal modifications. You can find my copy at hubitat-voc/Volvo-On-Call.groovy at master · brianschmitt/hubitat-voc · GitHub

I mostly swapped out the commands for capabilities, so that Hubitat would interact with them in a standard way EG locks, alarm, battery... This way they appear in the proper pick-lists/dashboard tiles elsewhere in HE.

I also adjusted the presence detection, since I noticed that if the engine is running you cannot get its location. My code makes the assumption that if the engine is running longer than remote start duration the car must be 'away'.

I also added the battery capability for gas (and electric - but this is untested) cars it reports out the current level.

Remote start is configurable value as well.

I'm sure there a few other things, the attributes call will return the capabilities of the vehicle, so it would be nice to enable/disable some of these settings based on what the api reports the car can do.

@Chewbacca - I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can add the heater value for you. If you can supply the following information I can see what can be done. Update to my driver, then from the device page, enable debug logging (save) and then click the LogAttributes and Refresh buttons. This should output two values into your logs. You can redact the gps/vin numbers. OR if you are willing to look at those two outputs you might be able to determine what value you are looking for, they are the raw output as returned from the VOC api.

1 Like

Try joining the hub owners group, and you’ll be able to post links.

2 Likes

Thank you @brianschmitt for the information.
I believe I found the heater in the logs.
I will check later and see if I can find the heater when I create a rule.

There also seems to be an error........not sure what that is?

Thanks - that error is b/c I'm looking at the ERS (engine remote start) value to determine if the car has been started. I'm guessing your car does not have remote start? I've added a fix that should handle the value not being present.

Correct, my car doesn't have ERS.

Digging this up because I'm interested in using this for a 2020 Volvo I just bought, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. It looks like Volvo changed their app from Volvo On Call to Volvo Cars, so I'm thinking the API is different. I'm able to get status from my car like lock status, miles to empty, etc., but I can't get it to execute a command like locking the doors or start engine. The logs show it fails

Anyone else work on this driver more recently and has it working like the Volvo Cars app?

I had made changes to this previously in the thread as well, but my car has a 3g model in it, that is not compatible with US Cell networks anymore, and I'm not paying the $1000 US my dealer wants to put a compatible 4g modem in.

Hence, no more VOC and no need for this driver anymore :frowning:

@brianschmitt’s code above is still working for me and my 2017 XC90, AFAICT. Whenever the Volvo On Call mobile app changed to Volvo Cars, my iPhone updated and it’s using the newest version of the iOS app.

Anyone that got this to work with the new Volvo Cars app?
Mine doesn't update anymore.