[RELEASE] VELUX ACTIVE with NETATMO

Hey guys,
I'm also trying to integrate my 6 x Velux Skylights into my Hubitat. I did install the hub
app. and drivers, completed and connected successfully to the gateway and can see in the app screen all my devices but none of them is showing in the hub device list.
Am I missing something?
I do see in the hub logs the following error multiple times:
[error] Netatmo - Velux createHome() - Home creation Exception: com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Netatmo - Velux - Home' in namespace 'syepes' not found

I'll have a look later at the HPM, try installing all the drives manually and repeat the process from rhe begin

thank you for the quick reply!
I removed everything and re-install and now I can see in the devices list the rooms only but not the actual devices in each room - for instance - I can see only the living room but not the actual 3 skylights. also not possible to control any device.

1 Like

The devices are child's you want see them directly on the devices list, it only supports 2 levels of nested children.

Click on any Room and at the bottom you should see the devices assigned to this Room.

Got it, thanks, I do see all devices there now!
but I'm unable to control any of them - is control should work or only status reporting of the devices?
I see this error in the logs:
[error] Near Skylight (Blind) stop() - Request Exception: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden

Out of the box you can control all devices at exception of the type = Window, for these devices you need the the encryption keys to be set in the Gateway device, that's why you are receiving the Forbidden messages.

The pairing keys can only be extracted using a patched application APK, please look at the Note section of the main post.
I wont be able to guide or support this process as its pretty technical and required some unauthorized stuff :slight_smile: , but its relatively easy if you have an IT background.

In anyways, all other device types work OOTB.

1 Like

Thank you.
not sure if the skylights solar blinds considered as "window" devices but I do see the need for the ID & has keys in the device screen.

1 Like

Thanks @syepes for all your amazing work again. Do you think this is the same exact issue I ran into with my skylights as well?

Also, were you able to retrieve illuminance/lux values aside from values of 0 and 1? I didn't know if this was at all possible or even if the solar skylights had an illuminance sensor built into them. I know that they do shading based on temperatures but I wasn't sure if that was local or polled from a separate weather resource.

Just a heads up for others out there that while I don’t have a complete solution (ie. Only open and close), I managed to get controls KIX300 Solar Skylights working with Hubitat via a complete workaround. So I can now finally have voice control (via Alexa or Google Home) for opening the skylight blinds and windows.

I’ll do a more detailed writeup/how-to for others but it involves:
Setting up Homeassistant on my QNAP NAS with HomeKit Controller, my iPad as a HomeKit Hub, Maker API app on Hubitat, virtual switches (created in Hubitat) being sent via Maker API back to HA (using HACS integration for Hubitat) , then loading them into a HA automation where the virtual switches trigger the HA to operate HomeKit (and hence the blinds.)

Here’s a writeup of my KIX300 (VELUX with NETATMO Skylights) complete workaround for HE control via Homeassistant (finally got Alexa to voice control them) in case anyone is interested. I wanted to avoid having to decompile APKs, intercept commands, etc.:

On my side this works, but the values are coming from Sensor switch on the bellow sensor:

CleanShot 2022-11-25 at 4.22.53

I am not aware that skylights have a Lux sensor or expose its values on the API, what models do you have?

1 Like

It's the Velux kix 300 kit. It includes a sensor which looks identical to yours.

I installed Netatmo - Velux using the Hubitat Package Manager but it is always showing that there is an update even though none of the versions have changed. Is there any way to fix that?

1 Like

Hi, I am new to Hubitat having been a Vera user for 10+ years. I have the Netatmo Velux setup with he sensor and hub, but when I install the Netatmo - Velux app and enter my credentials I get the error message " Unable to connect to Netatmo Velux, double check your credentials. Click Next". I know my username and password are correct as I can access my devices via the Velux Active app, and I used the same credentials to generate the API keys/secrets etc. I can also access my Netatmo Weather station using Netatmo Connect.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

I see that as well. I am guessing there are issues with the manifest file for HPM at https://github.com/syepes/Hubitat/blob/master/Apps/Netatmo/Netatmo%20-%20Velux.json and it's not getting the version number right or something.

@syepes is that something you can fix?

Hi. By any chance did you sort out your issue? I only have Velux skylights with Netatmo and I believe that I probably only logged in through Velux itself (not Netatmo although they provided the controller.) I’m still able to log in successfully. I’m just wondering if there’s a difference between going through Velux vs going through Netatmo.

Hi. I tested this out again and the skylight blinds are finally working. Thanks! A few points:

1. I went through HPM this time and it only installed the app. I’m not sure if the drivers were supposed to download and install with them. But I went to your GitHub page and manually installed the drivers in HE.

2. I see the home again and it detected ALL the devices. I’m able to get the skylight blinds to finally work! Thank you!!!

3. However the skylight window itself isn’t opening from close. I noticed if I activate the individually paired remote (not a climate sensor) for each skylight window to open, then I am able to stop, close, etc. the window via HE. But as soon as it closes again, I can’t control it.

4. Is this a bug or security feature? I can open them through the Velux app and was able to control them completely via Homekit and Home Assistant. The climate sensors also have the ability to switch them from either opening/closing the blinds or the windows, but not both. Currently I have them set to only open and close the blinds (which may or may not have something to do with this.)

No, tbh, I kinda gave up, thinking I’d take another look at some point.

@syepes - is it possible that the Netamo app refreshes the tokens too often, it seems it tries to log in via the U/P a few times a day, causing emails to be sent warning of attempted (and successful) logins.