[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

@storageanarchy are there any plans to add support for switch+ ?

Not unless Ecobee shares their real-time (non-polled) API to independent developers (like me). It makes no sense try to support a switch when the fastest I can see manual changes to the switch is +60 seconds...

If Hubitat's own Ecobee integration supports Switch+, then you can simply run that for your switches, and Ecobee Suite for the thermostats & sensors.

FWIW, there are MANY better switches that you can use natively with Hubitat...

1 Like

None with Alexa built in. And few with a near instant motion sensor -> light on response time.

Guess this means you decided not to accept my PR that added support. Sigh. Now I have to maintain a fork to keep it working for me :frowning:

1 Like

For years I have been asking for local access to the API that is running inside the thermostat. If they can open it up for homekit by Apple why not for everyone else? My conclusion is because if we did receive local access then we could remove the cloud connect from the device and Ecobee's model of selling ECO+ control to your utilities along with data sciences would disrupt their business model.

Nothing with Ecobee's API's make it good for real time actions triggered by the device and it sensors but it is pushable with configuration and settings changes. when you have your own hardware. Ecobee's audience isn't us with Hubs it more to Google/Amazon and Apple with their solutions.

I'm sorry, but it's not that I won't accept your code - I'm just not in a position to be doing ANY coding at the moment. I will look at it, I promise, and I will probably include it (once I get back into programming mode).

That said, while it works for your use case, I'm not sure everyone will be satisfied with the delayed responsiveness...

3 Likes

just FYI. Ecobee is sending me a free sensor to try out their haven program

Free 1 month no cc needed.

Some of you others may have gotten an email.

A new smart sensor (for the tstat) or the horribly named "smart sensor for doors and windows"?

Ecobee sent me two of each of those, as well as the Smart Camera (the "security bundle"). The new style tstat sensors are just great - I replaced 2 of my older (13) ones that were at the limit of their range.

The Camera is pretty nice. With the Haven subscription it adds some useful features. But there's no integration with anything else. And without the Haven subscription it's feature set is terrible for the price.

The "smart sensors for doors and windows" are pretty, but overpriced and slow. IMHO, they are useless, even with the Haven subscription.

My detailed reviews: Smart Camera, SmartSensor for doors and windows

The second.

I'd love to hear your opinion about them (the smart sensor for doors and windows) to compare with mine.

I will give them a go when they arrive and post my thoughta. I have no particular use for them. But can't turn my nose up at 80 bucks worth of free hardware. (2 pack)

Disregard my issues with getting disconnect notices. I figured out what was going on. My C7 hub was up and online but not connected while I was still working off my c4 hub which is connected. I ■■■■ the c7 hub down for now and messages stopped. :smiley:

@storageanarchy
Barry,

NIce to see you over here!

Is there a reason that the Hubitat Dashboard item for thermostat doesn't allow me to change to heat?

Is there a way to expose the current day high and low temperature forecast values?
I see there is "weatherTempLowForecast" but no high forecast already available in the thermostat Current States.

Just looking for a way to use the high/low forecast values in RM without setting up another way to pull this data if its already available.

Thanks for all your work on this great addon.

Hello! So wonderful to see this suite in HE from ST. I am wanting to use the Hubitat Package Manager to install but am confused as to which options I should use. I have an Ecobee3 w a lot of sensors but no smart vents. Here is what the package manager is asking me to select and I was wondering which you'd suggest:

(I had that same question when I first installed UES on HE after moving from ST)

None of those are needed if you have no smart vents and are just going to natively install on HE.

I'm actually wanting to use @storageanarchy's solution over the built in one so am asking which to install...

@storageanarchy implementation has much more capabilities that the native Hubitat one. I also converted a lot of my stuff over to HE a long time ago and glad that he migrated he code here.

Yes, I understand. The screenshot you gave says "This package includes some optional components". Based upon what you said, you don't need any of them in your install.

Simply don't select any of the optional components and click "Next" and the rest of the Universal Ecobee Suite will get installed.

Oh I see, I thought I had to select one of those to continue the install but I just hit "next" like you said and looks like it worked. Thank you!

1 Like

I have Smart circulation to be active during day mode only. When the Hubitat mode changes, the fan run time does not go back down. So lets the last fan run time before mode changing to evening was 55 minutes, the fan run time will remain at 55 mins for the rest of evening and night. Is there way I can set the fan run time to one value after day mode?