[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

Yes, ES does allow you to change the set points of any program/climate/comfort setting. You’ll have to write code to do it: you can use RM, groovy and/or webCoRE.

Note that all changes REQUIRE the ecobee cloud-to-thermostat to be operational. The code will re-run commands that fail while the ecobee cloud is down when it comes back up (in the order they were received).

@koopa The Suite does allow you to manually select a comfort setting using the setThermostatProgram('text') function. I use this to change my programs based on having houseguest, etc. It will be held according to your preferences set in the ecobee. Mine holds indefinitely and I use the resumeProgram() function to return to my programmed schedule.

The trick is you have to add a new comfort setting to your schedule using the ecobee app, set all the setpoints/sensors, and then remove it from your schedule. It will remain available as an option using the ecobee Suite.

Note that you can programatically change the setpoints of ANY existing program/schedule/climate/comfort setting (even if it is currently running). AND you can select any program/schedule (et al) programmatically as well.

I tried searching and skimming through the thread but haven't seen this. I've added both my thermostats but get no options in the list when trying to configure a helper. Screenshots are from my phone, but I'm seeing the same issue from a desktop. Both in Chrome. I enabled debugging for the app but don't see any errors in the logs or anything that would suggest what the issue is.

Did an update today and this was resolved after the reboot.

I need some advise for this issue.

So, I can turn HVAC to ECO or AWAY after 10 min of window/door opening... Something like this:
<<IF (door1 is open OR window1 is open OR window2 is OPEN, THEN turn HVAC to AWAY>>
Now for the next problem: in order for the HVAC to return to COOL, all doors and windows need to be closed. It should be something like this: <<IF (door1 is closed AND window1 is closed AND window2 is closed) THEN turn HVAC to COOL>>.
How do I program that?

Thanks

Klaas

If you are using my Ecobee Suite, the included Open Contacts Helper will handle all of this for you. Simply create an instance of the Helper from with ES Manager / Helpers…

Any idea why when I try using comfort helper, when I select the drop downs that set the temp levels, it goes to a blank screen? Happens whenever I try to select anything from any of the drop downs.

Hey found a possible bug:

1. Renamed two of my ecobee sensors.
  2. In main ecobee suite manager shows/recognizes the newly named sensors.
  3. Under “ Ecobee Suite Smart Vents & Switches Helper” this still displays the older ecobee sensor names.

Tried removing these and re-adding them but still shows the older names only in this section. Not sure if there’s another way to update these to show newer sensor names. I don’t think it has any impact on the function but could be wrong.

If you change the names on the thermostat, OR if you delete and re-add a sensor, you will need to go into each Helper and (re-)select the desired sensors again...

1 Like

I did but they’re still displaying their old names.

Check the devices themselves - you may have edited their Labels somewhere along the line (Labels override Names).

1 Like

Anybody have experience improving the performance of ES on a hub using the new hub event stats? ES is eating up my hub processing power big time, and I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. I'm constantly getting "severe CPU load" warning messages from the Hubitat hub. The parent app (ESM) alone is 42% of my hub busy time, The child apps are a lot smaller, but they're incremental to the 42%.

Any ideas on how to address this? I'm all ears.....

It might help if you provide a screen shot of your runtime stats like below. Make sure you have everything selected so all the columns are displayed. This is my hub and you can see in my status the Ecobee Suite Manager is showing % of busy is 42.2% but of the overall time the hub is up it is only 1.38%. The other columns could also be helpful under certain circumstances.

It should also be noted that the runtime stats don't exactly match up to CPU Usage. They are a good way to describe how busy the hub is but some tasks that have allot of wait times like waiting for network response may not match actual cpu usage because they will have elevated run times since they include the wait time for the traffic to travel to the remote devices cloud.

1 Like

Providing Device stats may help as well with all of it's columns

@mluck I am having the same issue. I removed this ecobee suite and have not gotten a severe load in over a week. I came into this forum to see if anyone has this same issue and what I can do to resolve it because right now I do not have my thermostat running through hubitat and really want it to be running.

Interesting I have been running the Ecobee suite since I have had my Hubitats.

Just checked another client sites and the percentage used by Ecobee usage is about the same:

Yeah I keep getting a severe load message in my hubitat messages. And removing this has stopped it. I removed ecobee suite over a week ago and have not had that message once since.

At this point we have a few examples of what the runtime stats should look like. Can you replicate the issue and then post the runtime stats so we can see what your hub is doing. Without more details there is no way to know what is actually happening. Allot of folks run this app without issue.

it may also help to go into the app details. Click on the gear next to the app in the apps page and then list show a screen shot of what is at the bottom

I have posted stuff in this thread and I had a case open with hubitat directly.