[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Valve driver (w/ healthStatus)

Is this the LIDL irrigation timer?
I think this is the first report by someone using this model, so there may be something specific for it that must be changed in the driver.

The most important question is whether the valve stays connected to your hub. If you enable the debug logs, do you see periodic messages shown in the live logs tab in a browser? You should also see debug logs when you manually operate the valve from the physical button.

I’m sorry that I’m not very familiar with this process but I have attached the live log and you can see that there seems to be no activity between the last time I made a change and this time (pic 1). Then I manually changed the state and got this (pic 2). Just for interest I also have a Homebridge system available and when I pair it using zigbee2mqtt the plugin finds the device and I can control it fine from zigbee2mqtt but when it is presented in Apple home I see it but have no controls to turn it on or off. With your driver in Hubitat, in HomeKit I have a nice on-off slide switch shown under water but unfortunately, at present it does nothing and the same in the device driver page in Hubitat. I assume I should be able to turn the valve on and off in the Hubitat device driver page without any other settings being changed right?

Pic 1.

Pic 2.

Ok, I left the live log running and indeed it seems to send data every few minutes from what I see below. That answer your question regarding connectivity?

1 Like

Yes, the debug data is enough - thank you!

This maybe way off base but I was wondering if since my zigbee2mqtt with homebridge recognizes my water valve and can control it from the exposes tab could this data be passed to your valve driver by zigbee2mqtt as described in BirdsOnWire’s thread using his driver? I see you were working on some integration there. I need the HA to pass the correct information to Apple Home from zigbee2mqtt to control the valve. If I just use homebridge I get a “device not supported” icon in Apple Home with no controls or automation, however with your driver I see all the controls but unfortunately they don’t control the valve. Anything possible?

Sorry, was “Birdslikewire”

I have the TS0601. I can get it to add to my C8 hub but I have no control or feedback from the device. Health sits at unknown. Any suggestions?

I was able to connect this without an issue to my C7 hub. I am setup is a hubconnect server and my C7 is primarily for just running the automations.

Yep, other users experience the same problem - some new Zigbee 3.0 devices will not stay connected to C-8. These devices are working just fine on C-7.

Could you please advise how to setup for ||manufacturer: _TZ3210|
| --- | --- |
||_Ojxeoadc|
|Data|• model: TS0049|

Here the link of the product
https://amzn.asia/d/hIK3Tos

At the moment I’ve tried all devices profile I get offline or unknown for health check status

Hi @sruty9 ,

This in an interesting new device (currently not supported in HE by this driver), but to continue we need to have it stay connected to the Hubitat hub.

The state variables screenshot above shows that this device has left the Zigbee network (we don't have anything in the stats: {RxCtr} which counts the number of the ZigBee messages received).

You must delete it and pair it again with your HE hub.
Then, with the default 'Device' driver, hitting the 'Get Info' button should result in receiving the complete fingerprint in the live logs.

Finally, changing to this driver and clicking on the 'Ping()' button should result in a round-trip time measurement value different than 'timeout'.

Can you try pairing it again?
And what is your hub - C8 or C-7 ?

2 Likes

Just wanted to say you are the man, @kkossev -- I'm not a big Tuya user myself, but your awesome support of the Tuya universe here in Hubitat is really amazing. Thank you - you are a rockstar!

5 Likes

Thanks for your prompt response
I think it’s C7

1 Like

I have all the info I need now. Please wait for a driver update, hopefully this weekend.

1 Like

@sruty9 please update to the dev. branch version 1.3.0.

First, remove the device from your hub and pair it again. This driver must be selected automatically during the pairing process, otherwise the valve will not work in HE.

In the 'State Variables' section of the device page, you must see * deviceProfile : TS0049_IRRIGATION_VALVE.

Enable the debug logs from the Preferences section. When you manually switch on or off the irrigation timer, do you see the valve attribute changing or something else in the live logs?

Really appreciate of your work. Thank you.

I have done as per your instruction. It has done everything that it should be.

If you see my live logs it did responded when I pressed manually it showed in log but then it back to time out is it normal

Once again thank you for your help

Seems like a Zigbee connectivity issue with this device...

Don't click on any buttons from HE web page - before the device can be controlled, we should receive data from the device.

Can you easily remove the batteries for one minute and then put the batteries back in.
Clear the device live logs, something must show up in the logs when the batteries are put back.

Can you access the HE device web page from a PC browser? I will need the logs as a copied and pasted text, not as screenshots.

I didn’t see any live logs when I put the batteries back in.

That’s not good… This device does not stay connected to your HE hub.

There’s nothing that can be done from a driver side. You can look for another model of irrigation timer, or use this one via Home Assistant.

1 Like

No worries, Thank you for your help. Much appreciated

1 Like