[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Smoke Detector

Hi Peter,

Your model TS0205 is very different than the TS0601 models supported in this driver, currently the code will not handle it...

Can you try some of the HE inbuilt smoke drivers? For example this one:

First, manually change the driver. Then pair the smoke detector again to HE.

Hello, I am very interested in this driver because I can't find many smoke detectors compatible with Hubitat.
How can I know by looking at the Aliexpress advertisement that the model is compatible? I don't see the model or manufacturer anywhere.
Thank you for your attention and for your work.

Sorry @rodapo there’s no way to know what exactly Tuya model/manufacturer you will receive. It’s a lottery…

I suspected it. Then I'll roll the dice... :smile: :smile:
Thanks

1 Like

I justice notice that the battery level is not on the driver for ts061. Is it possible to put that back on?

• healthStatus : online
  • powerSource : battery
  • rtt : -1157167381
  • smoke : clear

Can you post the manufacturer ID of your TS0601 smoke detector? (the Device Details data section at the bottom of the web page)

I also see a bug in the RTT (round-time-trip) attribute that I need to fix.

• application: 48
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_m9skfctm
  • model: TS0601|

I believe that what it is.

1 Like

Thank you!

Please update to ver. 1.1.3 2023-11-19 (link).
You may need to wait for some hours or a day to see whether the battery reporting works now (I don't know how often this device reports the battery). You could also try re-inserting the battery, it may force send the battery level.

The rtt negative values bug should be fixed as well.

Hello, one question.
I have another Xiaomi Honewell smoke detector, I have noticed that the Tuya detector needs a lot more smoke to alarm, it literally has to get drunk on smoke. The Xiaomi is much more sensitive or perhaps the new Tuya comes with some type of failure. Do you notice the same?
Thanks and regards

I don't know all the ins and outs, but this could depend on the type of fire, eg, smoldering or fast, and the type of sensor, ie, photoelectric or ionization.

What type of sensor does yours use?

disclaimer: I don't have a zigbee smoke detector.

1 Like

still shows every stats except battery.

• powerSource : battery
  • rtt : -1157167381
  1. Please click on the poll button. Then press F5 to refresh the browser

This negative rtt value should be gone now, something is no right..

If you have already made steps 1, 2 and the new step 3, please enable the Debug logs, and send me the logs after 24 hours - I hope in the 24 hours period the battery level may be reported.

Well, I'm not very sure... but I think it's not infrared. The model is this

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGalNuv

I started testing a new Smoke Detector listed in HE as: manufacturer: _TZE200_uebojraa,
model: TS0601, Driver: Tuya Zigbee Smoke Detector ver. 1.1.2 2023-08-01 kkossev.
I have 2 of these smoke detectors and they both operate the same.

Everything seems to work, however when I click on the "Clear" command, the HE smoke status goes to "clear" but the sensor siren does not stop. I would like to be able to quickly suspend the siren for a designated amount of time. The detection/siren should resume after a suspend in order to provide protection.

Looking into the device driver's clear code under, ver. 1.1.2 2023-08-01, I found:
TODO: add 'Silence' / Clear command for _TZE200_ntcy3xu1
So maybe there is some future hope available.-)

The smoke detector manual says that the detector will recover from a button mute in 10 minutes.
I have not found this to be the case.

I also have an Aqara Smoke detector: manufacturer: LUMI model: lumi.sensor_smoke.acn03
I have not been able to get HE to communicate with this sensor using the "Heiman Zigbee Smoke Detector" driver nor the "Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches" v0.18 driver. I have not found an Aqara Smoke detector driver.

1 Like

Hi George,
Tuya smoke detectors w/ manufacturer IDs '_TZE200_t5p1vj8r', '_TZE200_uebojraa', '_TZE200_vzekyi4c', '_TZE200_yh7aoahi', '_TZE200_dq1mfjug', '_TZE200_ntcy3xu1', '_TZE200_ux5v4dbd' do not have the functionality to silince the alarm. All they provide is reporting the alarm, it is even not possible to distinguish between a real smoke and pressing the test button on the device .. : (

Only few of the Tuya smoke detectors - manufacturers '_TZE200_ytibqbra', '_TZE200_e2bedvo9', '_TZE200_dnz6yvl2', '_TZE200_5d3vhjro' allow the siren to be silenced once activated. I can try to identify these 4 models and link them to AliExpress sellers ... if possible at all, the sellers do not know what their device models and manufacturers are.

I suppose this means muting the sound by pressing the physical button on the device?

This will require a new custom driver .... hopefully around Christmas and New Year holidays.

Note I have two of these smoke detectors bought at the same time. Both listed as:
manufacturer: _TZE200_uebojraa model: TS0601

I paired these with their Smart Gateway model: TYZB1 hub. They did not provide a workable "Silence" option nor did they provide any firmware update services.

The on-device Silence button does not keep the siren silenced for any reasonable length of time.

Note that none of these made in China Smoke Detectors have any regulation conformance information printed on the device.

It is likely illegal to use or sell these devices in the USA.

1 Like

I'm calmed down some what...
I researched (Duck Duck Goed/Googled) to discover that each state has its own laws governing Smoke Detectors. I'll do some sleuthing.

If you have any links to Smoke Detectors that support the Silence control, please provide them. I've got some high areas that need detectors.

Hi @kkossev
I received a Tuya Zigbee smoke detector today this is the data info and state variables. I see it says device profile UNKNOWN?

Data

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 49
  • manufacturer: _TZE204_ntcy3xu1
  • model: TS0601
  • tuyaVersion: 1.0.9

State Variables

• deviceProfile : UNKNOWN
  • packetID : 0
  • rxCounter : 17
  • isDigital : true
  • driverVersion : 1.1.2 2022/08/01 9:35 AM
  • pingTime : 1705606483941
  • txCounter : 5
  • notPresentCounter : 1
  • motionStarted : 2024-01-18 19:34:43.900
  • model : TS0601
  • tuyaDPs : {}

Current States

• battery : 100
  • powerSource : dc
  • rtt : 682
  • tamper : clear

Will this work okay with this driver or do you need to add something?

Hello!

Were you able to find a driver for this sensor?

@kkossev Did you do something for this?

Aqara smoke detector

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 11
  • inClusters: 0000,0500,0003,0001
  • manufacturer: LUMI
  • model: lumi.sensor_smoke.acn03
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild: 2019www.

@greglsh @delima.smarthome currently, both devices are not supported in this driver.