[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors) w/ healthStatus

Seems like a bug then, will look at it when I am back to this driver. Thank you for reporting it!

1 Like

@kkossev, Sending my thanks to you (and the community) for your work in developing the driver for this class of devices.

My contribution here is to mention that I am successfully using the second device you mentioned in the post above to trigger lighting in a small bathroom.

Product Manual (came inside the box)
(The manual refers to this device as ' MY-M100 Micro Motion Sensor ')

Mfg'r Data:

• endpointId: 01
  • model: TS0601
  • application: 41
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_ztc6ggyl

Works great now but I have one interesting observation from my initial use. With the device placed on its side on the vanity pointing toward the adjacent room, it would sense movement through walls when Sensitivity is set to level 9. I observed that lights in the bathroom would activate when walking in through adjacent room which is separated by one residential wall (drywall board + studs). When the sensitivity was decreased to level 4, the unit worked as expected in my case.

Also, I will be testing the first device you mentioned in the same post above in an outdoor lighting/security application.

Mounted in a small waterproof enclosure sealed with silicone caulk, the smooth unbroken face of this device would seem to make it well-suited to this application. Time will tell.

Development here seems to have run its course but I would be happy to provide any information I can to the effort.

Thanks again.

1 Like

does it only trigger motion or does it have prescense and approach settings like the fp1?

This is the original presence sensor. It also has an illumination sensor.
Reports the presence and distance of a person.
@kkossev treated human presence as active and absence as inactive.

This is superior to FP1. Immediate presence recognition and detection can be sustained. It also includes an illumination sensor.

2 Likes

Tuya mmWave radars presence is processed as a 'motion' attribute in this driver. In addition, the devices are sending every second the measured distance to the object that triggered the motion/presence. I have no idea how to use distance reporting, for me it is more of a spammy behavior that would be better to turn off, but there is no known way to disable the distance reporting.

1 Like

ya a sec seems too often, the fp1 sends this every 5 minutes or more often if changes but you can turn off the loggin of it..

Summary

heres info waling in room and then out

I will suppress or minimize these periodic logs every 5 minutes for FP1, probably logging just the presence duration in hours, minutes and seconds. But I need to first finish the other projects that are already started before coming back to FP1.

1 Like

periodic temp is also ok with me.

Thanks for the feedback. And, more importantly to me (in my battery-free device world), these devices are mains powered.

1 Like

your opinion. .fp1 is also immediate and in a more useable form.. thats my opinion

1 Like

I tested many presence sensors by comparing them. And I respect your opinion. However, my conclusion was that only two types of Tuya presence sensors are suitable for my environment. My friends told me the same opinion as you. So I asked him a question. Can you use fp1 in your store bathroom? Will the customers use it satisfactorily? Their answers were all 'no'.

i am not sure why unless he is worried they would think it was a camera.. doesnt look like a camera with no lens.. but whatever.. works fine in our dining room. with magent connected to the side of our wine fridge looking down at an angle.. assume bathroom would be similiar.. but ya the other form factor hidden in ceiling would be better in some cases i agree.. but not in my hosue as i am not putting holes in the celiing for it..

I've used it all in my commercial space, the indoor fishing cafe. fp1 is vulnerable to noise and lacks reaction speed. As in your story, unfamiliar protruding shapes can cast doubt on people. And my friends find it very difficult to find a location where fp1 works as they want. And even if you use the Tuya presence sensor, you don't have to make a hole in the ceiling at all. You can put it in the ceiling or it works well when you attach it to the wall. Also, it is easy to select a location because of its good sensitivity and distance control ability. I have two fp1. But one didn't even open the box. And I purchase additional Tuya presence sensor and use it. There are only two kinds of things I'm talking about. Most of the remaining Tuya presence sensors are difficult to use at all.

I've had the black square radar sensor for a couple of weeks now.

Have to say the capability to detect humans without big movements AND even through things like chairs is very cool indeed and has created some awesome automations for me.

The downsides are:

1. Its very chatty... I guess in a heavily loaded HE system this could be a problem
  2. My wife thinks its ugly and doesn't want any more of them
  3. You can't turn off the lights on it, they are pretty bright!
  4. The range is about 3m - which is fine for how I'm using the one I have, maybe not for other use cases

I've got a couple more different ones coming from China, maybe some of those might be better...

I'm planning on testing these through windows... because PIR doesn't work but this might...

1 Like

@kkossev I got one of these arrive today:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 41
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_ztc6ggyl
  • model: TS0601

Its the wall mounted one.

Compared to my previous black square one its pretty random.

It seems to decide inactive is pretty quick - I am sitting right in front of it too.

Have you or anyone else got any ideas? I like the look of this device much more but...

Have you experimented with the minimum and maximum detection distance parameters?
Also the sensitivity and the fading times.. I don't have the wall-mounted model, but I expect it should behave like the ceiling-mounted radars, as the firmware is the same.

I am interested to know if it can detect through a window too as I have a couple of longcase clocks and I'm concerener it may pick up the pendulums swinging

Tuya mmWave radars can 'see' through a glass, so yes, the longcase clocks pendulums swinging could be a problem.

I had a similar issue with a pedestal fan, I had to stop the swinging, otherwise, the radar continued to report a presence, even after all persons left the room.

1 Like

@kkossev Hi! I don't see this product in your first post in this thread. I'm curious to know if it is supported and if it works fine https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004509845480.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef140fu9WbBi&gatewayAdapt=glo2kor

It is supported, I still have to add a picture and links in the fist post of this thread. The firmware is exactly the same as the round , ceiling mounted Tuya radars.

I don’t have exactly this device, probably @jw970065 can say if the performance differs from the ceiling mounted models.

2 Likes