[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus

Hi @kkossev
First thing I notice is that the device is generating a huge amount of traffic on the network. It report Lux change every time it changes even if the change is 1 lux.

Is there anything to do to change this like for example report change only once every X seconds or report change only if greater than 10 lux

I've recently added ''Minimum time between reports' in another driver due to the same reason, so it is a good idea to add a similar preference here also.

Or it will be better to add 'Lux change threshold' ?

What is your device 'Manufacturer' value? ( from the web page 'Data' section)

1 Like

Also, is your driver available in HPM already?

I think I would go with Lux change in value. Like for example, if |(newLux-lastRecordedLux)| is greater than X.

1 Like

I added the driver in HPM about 30 minutes ago... There are still a lot of improvements that can be added, but it's been in use for several months now and the basic functionalities are working stable.

1 Like

Tested and did a Match search in HPM and I can confirm it is working OK.

1 Like
  • ver 1.0.10 2022-08-13 - (dev. branch) - added Lux threshold parameter; square black radar LED configuration is resent back when device is powered on; round black PIR sensor powerSource is set to DC

Thanks a lot @kkossev
I will be able to test only in 2 weeks time when I’ll be back from vacation.
Your efforts are highly appreciated.

1 Like

Set to 10 and the constant updates are gone - working

Removed power, reconnected, red LED goes out after a second - working

If you mean white round PIR then PowerSource = DC now - working

1 Like

Hello @kkossev
I have the Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 install for some time now.
With the latest version 1.0.11 an error has appeared

I have all advanced option at default and the advanced button off but I will turn it on to show,

If I may make a suggestion. This thread is getting a bit confusing. Would you consider splitting into 2 threads?
[RELEASE] Zigbee PIR Motion and Multi-Sensors
[RELEASE] Zigbee mmWave radars

1 Like

Hi @bbholthome ,

I have hopefully fixed the bug in the dev. branch version "1.0.11" "2022/08/22 9:48 PM" , can you update the driver manually and retest?

On the possibility of splitting this thread into two different threads - one for the PIR sensors and a separate one for the radars - I have thought about it before, but it has both positives and negatives. I will also need to split the driver code, and it will become more difficult to support it. And on top, there are two Tuya 'presence sensors' that look like mmWave radars but are actually PIR sensors... I haven't decided how to proceed yet, any changes may happen after 2-3 weeks from now.

Installed as requested. Looks like you got the bug. I will keep my eye on it.

Thanks for the consideration to split the thread. I see the complication you face. I'm good with what ever you decide.

I'm sure at one time I read you wrote a driver for the 2022 Aqara FP1. I'm considering trying one unless you have heard of some issue with them?

I'm impressed with the number of and quality of drivers you are producing.

Thanks, I will monitor my PIR sensors also and all of them are working OK I will push the update via HPP tomorrow.

Now I got the idea that I could try to use Brian's Error Monitor app to automatically catch and report such kind of bugs!

On the Aqara FP1 - I am pretty happy using these for now, I have two sensors installed at home in two different rooms and they are working stable for about 2-3 weeks now. The only problem I had was one of the FP1s being affected by the air conditioner in the room. Simply repositioning the sensor a bit away and down from the AC solved the problem. I will probably continue to use the radars combined with 1 or 2 PIR sensors as a 'means to activate' in the Room Lighting app, as a single radar can usually not cover all areas of a larger room. There is a huge difference between the PIR sensors and the mmWave radars in keeping the presence state when you stay still for a long period of time!

1 Like

@kkossev just noticed this in my logs

Seems like the same bug that I fixed yesterday in the development branch version.

I have updated the main version and pushed an HPM update now to version 1.0.11. Can you update and check if the exception error is gone?

2 Likes

Hi! The square black 24GHz presence sensor dpid's are the following:

1 - presence (enum)
1 - occupied
0 - unoccupied
still stays occupied around 60 seconds after leaving the range
101 - presence in minutes (max value = 60)
102 - departure in minutes (max value = 60)
103 - control onboard led (boolean)

do you have images of the mmwave radars used in the devices you tested?

the square black one uses HLK-LD2410 which is more configurable than Tuya allows

1 Like

I've found and managed to translate to English (most of) the Engineering Notes for HLK-LD2410 module. It can be purchased at a great price (~ 4 USD/Euro!) and it is a real pity that the manufacturer of the end product does not allow configuration of the module parameters - such as radar maximum detection range gate (moving & stationary) (configured range2~8), and the unattended duration parameter (configuration range0~65535 second).

Hi @kkossev ,

Maybe I have done a mistake and you can help to confirm it..
The sensor Tha I got from Aliexpress is The Moes Human presence. I have tried to pair and it works as expect but there two situations:

1 - motion is "active" during all time.
2 - powersource switches between "battery" and "mains" several times even connect to the original wire power source.

The paring information shows a different manufacture, could be this one not compatible with your drive?

This one
(Moes Tuya Smart Zigbee Human Presence Detector Radar Detection Sensor Photometric 2 In 1 Function Smart Life Ceiling Pir Hub - Smart Remote Control - AliExpress)

1 Like

Please update the driver to the development branch version 1.0.12 from the link in the second post of this thread. Click on the Initialize button after the update and refresh the device page (F5)

Your model was added into the driver just a few days ago and is not pushed into HPM yet.

EDIT: now added into HPM also.

2 Likes