[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus

Hi @kahn-hubitat ,
As I said, I have started a more complex refactoring of this driver and it will take some more time. Hopefully I will be able to finish it next weekend.

The battery optimization is done, however. If you want to try it, update the driver to the latest development version, it is in the 'Advanced Options'.

This 4-in-1 sensor seems good and has no problems with the C-8. The frequent reporting will be filtered in the driver, it is just a bit annoying but nothing to worry about. Have you seen what Tuya mmWave sensors are sending over the air? : )

thanks the mm sensor i am currently using is the aquara fp1.. havent looked at the tuya.. also filtering in the driver will reduce logging etc. .but doesnt really do much for over the air traffic.. I wish tuya would put in a few more configuration options.

I wouldn't worry about the 4-in-1 traffic, it is about 100 times less than the traffic of the mmWave sensors. And I am running 2 such sensors without any issues on C-7 hub.

1 Like

do you have link to get to root of your git hub so i can find the advanced section

my aquara is not generating traffic when no one is in the room ie all night.. it is chatty in a busy area but it is in my dining room and not that busy..

It is in the second post in this thread.

1 Like

ya i cannot really find a good outdoor rated multi sensor to replace the hue.. bummer

The issue with the Hue sensors will be hopefully fixed soon by Hubitat engineers... some issues are really too complex and need time and patience to be resolved.

trying new advanced driver.. got this warning in logs.. is this normal?

re the hue we are leaving the house in a couple of weeks for months and i want to have the issue resolved before i leave.. that is why looking for alternate sensor.. i know eventually it will be resolved. Alternative is to go back to c7 but a lot of work. even for only zigbee as i have about 50 zigbee devices. I supposed i can put just some on the c7.. but again increased complexity with 2 hubs and hub connect on an already busy hub with over 100 zwave and many cloud apps.

No, something is not OK with the automatic device profile recognition in the driver.

Can you set it manually to "TS0202_4IN1" ?

After saving, you should see this:

thanks.. did that and hit configure as i did technically switch drivers which caused another error.

also now getting no reporting.. no events.. bummer. maybe go back to old driver.

OK, it was too early to test .. : )

I know where the problem comes from ( changing the preference data types from one type to another), but the fix is not easy.

The older version that worked is still in the main link in the first post. Also, an archive of older versions is available from the Google Drive link.

thanks back on last release 1.2.2 and it is working again.. lol

1 Like

What does the Fading Time parameter control? I have a problem where I leave the room and it may take 2-5 minutes before the status changes to inactive. Is this controlled by the fading time?

I heard nothing back. Does it mean no one knows what the Fadind Time is used for?

I also only have 2 (soon to be 4) of the mmWave sensors, but I wonder, how would the Zigbee network handle 10 or 15 of them? ie, a house was full of them.

Probably by dropping packets or crashing the radio. I have the ceiling mounted mmwave and it seems like it would have pushed my C-5s radio over the edge, but I have over 90 Zigbee devices on the C-8 with the mmwave sensor. It sends a large string of messages to the hub every 10 seconds, and that is with distance messages turned off.

Weird i just double checked my zigbee logs. Does it do that all the timr or only when someone is within range. My aquara fp1 is not sending constant messages. Only constant one is the smarthings presence sensor in my wifes car... every 20 secs.

I've checked the logs, and the raw data received from the sensor is normal, nothing unusual. Just the illuminance reported jumps rapidly..

Do you have another illuminance/lux sensor that you trust and that you can compare with at the same place / same position?

Other than the strange lux readings, is the 2-in-1 sensor working OK with the latest dev. version?

If you have the 1.2.2 version installed from the Google Driver archive, it has the version number in the driver name, so you can have both the old and the newest drivers installed at the same time.

I think I have found and fixed the problem with the 4 in 1 sensor in the previous 1.3.0 version - when you have a chance, can you test again whether the battery events delay is working OK for you? If yes, the same approach can be applied to the frequent temperature and humidity reports, which are sent with any motion trigger.

No other lux sensor in Hubitat. I’ll check dev version next weekend. Thanks

1 Like