[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus

• manufacturer: _TZE200_2aaelwxk
  • model: TS0225
  • tuyaVersion: 2.0.2

I've been testing with this sensor with ver. 1.6.8 2023-11-20 kkossev and had to make three changes to humanMotionState (as reported by the device in the log) -
small_move to small
large_move to large
stationary to static.

Seems to be reacting correctly with my rule machine app when small_move, large_move and stationary were not "recognised".

1 Like

Good catch!

To keep a consistent naming convention for the custom attributes, I was going to make the following breaking changes :

• small_move and small to be changed to smallMove
  • large_move and large to be changed to largeMove
  • stationary will remain stationary
  • leave_time to be changed to leaveTime
  • existance_time to be changed to existanceTime

Unfortunately, every manufacturer has used different terms for the same or very similar parameters and settings, but I have to try to consolidate the parameters names as much as possible because it is not a good practice to have too many attributes in one HE driver.

3 Likes

Yes, I can appreciate the "every manufacturer"...issue. Most important is you've provided the community with the driver code, which I managed to use to my needs. Thanks.

I'd only "find and replace" the strings that I needed. Hopefully I did not break anything but once I get over getting the actions I needed, I'll go back and look through your codes to make sure I'd not messed up anything. :wink:

1 Like

When needed, I create a copy of a community driver by modifying the driver name (I add 'KK mod' in the name), which allows the original code to be still updated (either manually or via HPM), but keeping my working mods as another driver, that will not be overwritten automatically,

2 Likes

@kkossev if I expose these devices through the Alexa integration, they show up as Temperature sensors (with no reading, of course) - is there any way I can change this so that they show up as Motion Sensors in Alexa?

Thanks.

Are you referring to a mmWave sensor?

Unfortunately, Hubitat does not provide a way to dynamically change the capabilities in a driver .

You can vote for adding this possibility in future Hubitat platform updates.

I may think of separating the mmWave driver code into a new driver, but this will not solve the confusion with the rest of the devices supported in this driver - motion sensor only, motion+illuminance, motion+temperature+humidity+illuminance, etc... There are too many combinations.

As a workaround, you can make a copy of this driver (modify the driver name!) and comment out the TemperatureMeasurement and the RelativeHumidityMeasurement capabilities :

1 Like

Yes Sorry, hopping between threads and forgot this thread has multi-devices!

I have both the Tuya 2AAELWXK and HL0SS9OA which is what I was referring to.

Thanks for the help, as always.

1 Like

Found some time to mount that presence sensor from the beam at the top of my garage roof, pointing down. Set it 9.5 detection.

I was expecting to have a bunch of blind spots since the door opener, etc is in the way, but I was wrong. Seems to work spot on.

In the past 24 hours, I had no false positives. When I ducked in behind a car (basically blocked by metal), it still detected I was there. :+1:

1 Like

Nice. Still waiting on mine to get here to test.

I will report back. Maybe make a new post for just others to come to while testing ? Not sure.

This is my intended use case as well. You can’t beat the Iris sensors. I bought 30 (or 50?) of them when they were less than $5 each.

My only issue with them is the battery. I like that there are line voltage versions of the mm sensors. I’m installing some in track light housings. This way if a battery goes out on an Iris I’ll still have motion sensing in the room. Low battery detection hasn’t been reliable. This is on the punch list as I clean and update my automation.

Currently I’m doing a slow migration to a C-8. It only has four devices on it so far (Iris, mm, light, and outlet). Next I'll move my zone controller over so I can test the sensors together. I have some changes I want to make to the zone controller and this would be a good test bed with the limited devices.

1 Like

Hi @kkossev ,
Just received and installed a new presence sensor.
The sensor (MOES brand) was automatically detected and HE assigned the Tuya Multi sensor 4 in 1 to it.

The device page does not include all parameters I am used to when using this driver with other devices.
For example these are not available in the device page:
Small Motion Detection Sensitivity
Motion Minimum Distance
Small Motion Detection Sensitivity

Is this expected?
When trying to set these parameters uising the Set PAR command in the device page I get the following log message:

Can you copy the manifactirer ID from the picture above as a text, please? (so that I can search for it)

• manufacturer: _TZ3218_t9ynfz4x
1 Like

Enable the ''Advanced options'', then select 'Tuya TS0225_LINPTECH 24GHz Radar' and press Save Preferences.

This seems to be a new Linptech radar manufacturer, not present in the driver code ...

I think I got more parameters now (not sure) but not all of the ones I see in other deviecs using this driver:

Summary

These are all the parameters for a Linptech mmWave radar ...
What does this device look like?

1 Like

Yes, it is the Linptech/Moes 24Ghz radar. You can use it as it is now manually configured, I will add the new manufacturer in the next update of the driver. so that it is recognized automatically as the right radar type.

2 Likes

I sure hope that's not dollars... :wink:

1 Like

So many devices. Has this specific one been addressed yet?

TS0601_IJXVKHD0_RADAR

I was looking at the first post and a not finding a perfect match but it does seem to be working. I thought I got it from one of the links but I’m not positive. It is one of the USB 24G Zigbee models.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805606100504.html

The only odd behavior so far is it sets the sensitivity to 10x. I have to delete the extra 0 if I need to save a change.