[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors) w/ healthStatus

As the winter season is approaching, I have to freeze the refactoring activities on this driver and switch to the TRVs drivers. Currently, probably about 75% of the planned work is done, but for now I will stop making major changes in the code and will be applying bug fixes only.

As very few of us are using the dev. branch versions, I am planning to merge the changes made in the last month into the main version in the next days. The changes will not be pushed via HPM for now.

2 Likes

"Tuya Multi Sensor 4 In 1" main branch is now updated to version 1.6.6, time stamp 2023/11/02 11:23 AM.

As there are a lot of changes in the code compared to the previous 'production' version 1.5.3, these changes will not be pushed for automatic update. If this driver was installed from HPM, manual update is possible using the 'Repair a Package' function:

This will update the driver to the new version. If anyone notices any issues, please post here.

3 Likes

Of all the sensors I've tested so far, these are the best. These ones just arrived today from AliExpress. I hope these ones actually work, this is how they came..

1 Like

I like them as well. They are 5.8 sensors.

Yeah they work much better than the 24ghz sensors when hidden behind things. Not very chatty. In fact they consume less CPU time from any of the radar type sensors I've tried so far. I now have 4 of them.

2 Likes

Seems like the scheduled job for checking the device health is not running because of some reason...

Can you quickly check all your devices that use the 4-in-1 driver for a deviceHealthCheck scheduled job at the bottom of the device web pages?

1 Like

Hi @kkossev, once you are ok, I have some observation that needs some guidance, it is observed the radar sensisivity is stuck at 2 though i have set it multiple time to 8. screenshots as follows:

You are using a very old version of the driver... please update to the latest one. This bug should be already fixed.

Ok, I go to page two to refer that, ill update once updated the driver

1 Like

I've noticed lately that sometimes the attributes change, but the device web page is not updated.
Press F5 a few seconds after you change a preference to ensure the Current States are refreshed.

I glad to update that it is sorted, just a small issue im having is since all my units are wall mounted and mostly the areas they were installed have ceiling fan rotating, it is detecting "in motion" even when no one is there but the fan is running. The quick workaround is i shortened the max detection distance but it will limit the perimeter it can detects the human presence. If you have some recommendation, I would be happy to test it out to solve this better.

1 Like

To avoid the interference from the ceiling fans you can experiment with pointing the mmWave radar a bit down towards the floor. Also, try lowering the radar sensitivity.

Note, that there are two sensitivity parameter , the first one determines the large movements sensitivity, while the second should affect mainly the motionless (breathing as an example) detection.

Also, this radar has sensitivity settings that are just the opposite when compared to all other sensors - 1 is the highest sensitivity, 9 is lowest…

Many thanks to @jw970065 for the multiple tests done with this 24GHz radar !

3 Likes

Thank You

More clarification: this warning message, will it affect the performance of running the basic rules, hub performances or anything to be concerned following this warning:

Has anyone install a 24GHz sensor in a garage with cars parked in there?

I took one of my 24 GHz sensors ( _TZE200_ztc6ggyl) mounted it to the front wall of the garage. Both cars are fairly new, have comfort access (where you can just grab the door handles), GPS, cell, etc.

I'm getting spurious "present/not present" from the sensor at least ever hour (or more). I suspect that something in the cars are triggering the static motion.

Just wondering if others have seen this, or it's an issue just with this particular unit/model.

Thanks for your reply.
I have updated to the latest dev driver and can confirm sensors using the 4-in-1 driver do have a scheduled job at the bottom of the device page.

Also, could you please confirm the process to check the device health?
I tried to change your code manually to force check every hour instead of every 3 hours, but having the device unplugged during the scheduled job check did not change the health status, not sure about the requirement to deem it offline?

What's above the garage?

1 Like

Family room. Oh.. wait.... hmmm... wife has been sleeping like crap and has been sleeping in there some nights. Let me check if she isn't the reason it's "randomly" detecting presence!

1 Like

Also interested in this, @kkossev, appreciate your feedback. :slight_smile: I've assumed that when the driver checks for the device status at it's set healthCheck interval, it should immediately set the device as offline if it doesn't respond to the healthCheck. It's not any more complicated than that, is it?

It is more complicated .. :slight_smile:
Let me first finish the first alpha version of the new Aqara LED Strip T1 driver, which turned out to be non-matter-compatible-at-the-moment, and I will look at this possible issue.,

2 Likes