[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus

Sorry to hear that. Hope mine continue to work :crossed_fingers:. How long did they work for?

Advanced options are not available for some products of the Tuya presence sensor after a driver update.

The data section does not appear to be imported properly.

Current States

• battery : 5
  • healthStatus : online
  • illuminance : 2
  • motion : active
  • powerSource : battery
  • tamper : detected
  • temperature : 7.3

The reason is that the Data section of the device is wiped out ! :frowning:
Just checked the driver code, there are no device.updateDataValue() or device.removeDataValue() calls..

This is the second time when mysterious deletion of device Data properties is reported...
Do you remember when this problem happened? Immediately after the driver was updated, or probably after a hub reboot?

You can restore the missing Data section values by switching manually to HE inbuilt driver 'Device', clicking on 'GetInfo' button while waking up the sensor at the same time, then pressing F5 to refresh the web page and verify that the Data section model and manufacturer are there.

1 Like

It worked normally after today's update.
This is a sensor used in the bathroom, and suddenly the toilet switch repeatedly turned on/off.
I checked the driver and confirmed that the advanced option did not work.
I pair again several times, but the result was the same.
So as a last resort, I deleted it and connected it again, and now it works fine.

The two sensors in question are those that were exchanged using the 'Swap Apps Device' last week. Only these two sensors had problems at the same time.

Device pairing info
Manufacturer: _TZE200_ikvncluo
Endpoint 01 application: 44
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,EF00
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TZE200_ikvncluo
Endpoint 01 model: TS0601
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4

Device pairing info
Manufacturer: _TZE200_jva8ink8
Endpoint 01 application: 44
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,EF00
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TZE200_jva8ink8
Endpoint 01 model: TS0601
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4

The problem appears to occur when using 'Swap Apps Device'.
Before that, it worked fine, but I don't know why it suddenly became a problem.

Current States

• battery : 100
  • healthStatus : online
  • illuminance : 2
  • motion : inactive
  • powerSource : dc
  • tamper : detected
  • temperature : 0.3

I used 'Device', but the result didn't change, and I solved the problem by pairing again only after deleting it.

Will the same problem (Data section deletion) happen if you swap devices that are not Tuya and you are using HE inbuilt drivers?

If yes, then it may be a good idea to create a new post so that Hubitat staff helps with a fix.

2 Likes

Maybe it's a Tuya sensor and a switch that I've used.
The switch is unlikely to have a significant impact on the data section.
Next time I'll take a close look.

1 Like

Does this only report illuminance when motion is triggered, or does it also periodically report the lux value?

Hi @Kaitlyn ,
I don't own this sensor, so I can't say for sure. Typically, these motion sensors report the illuminance only a few hundred milliseconds before the 'motion active' event, as the purpose is the automation rules to decide whether to turn the lights on based on the illuminance value ... This is not a dedicated lux sensor.

But you see that @user3874 in the other thread says that this device reports periodically the illuminance... With Tuya devices everything is possible! : )

The same problem occurred for others.
After simply updating through HPM updates, some devices may not be able to use the Advanced option.

Can you check if it is the same case - manufacturer or model missing from the device web page Data section?

1 Like

He's not at home right now, and it happened on a device at home.
Only some of the devices occurred, and unlike yesterday's me, it only occurred in wall-type products, not ceiling-type products.

What I have in common with my case yesterday is that it only occurred on some devices after the HPM update.

I talked to him.
If possible, please let the developer know the details of the problem.

If there is a problem with the driver, there should be a problem even after re-registration.
But there is no problem after re-registration.
Perhaps, it seems to be an HPM update issue.

After deleteing orginal wall mount presence sensor, and re-add device, there are all parameters like detection time, fading time, radar sensitivity.

Several times ago, there were no parameters although I re-paired sensor. and I did select advanced option that time.

below is paring info when I repaired the device after deleting original device.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information!
I am pretty sure that the problem is not in this HPM version update. Any update, manually or from HPM to any version of this driver will reveal the same problem, if the device manufacturer does r model data is missing. The core of the problem is this mysterious deletion of Data values, that I am trying to find when and why happens sometimes for some devices.

1 Like

The latest version 1.2.1 supports also the SonOff ms01 ( eWeLink) motion sensor.
This device has a hardcoded 60 seconds motion reporting time, it is not configurable.
Pay attention on the batteries, if the battery goes below 2.95V it starts playing weirdly.

1 Like

Is it possible to add the battery voltage to the driver ToDo list?

This might be a very stupid question, but the Hubitat Package Manager returns an error message "Invalid package file" when I try to install the driver from the URL provided in the initial post (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/main/Drivers/Tuya%20Multi%20Sensor%204%20In%201/Tuya%20Multi%20Sensor%204%20In%201.groovy).

What am I doing wrong?

I've got rid of one of the cheap TS0601 sensors (_TZE200_3towulqd) as it kept giving issues, the other one works without any issues.

Also, I've got one sonoff sensor (eWeLink/MS01), which seems to go offline every morning just after 7am, but comes back online once motion is detected, although 3 other sonoff sensors seem to have no issues, weird.

eWeLink/MS01 - sonoff sensor

Summary

You either install it through HPM, or, if you need a specific ik driver version you install it in the driver section of the hub.

In the last case you can copy the code manually or use the link you posted to import it directly.

1 Like