[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Metering Plug (w/ healthStatus)

Hi @ilkeraktuna, sorry for the delayed reply. I am currently not at home, but will try your function when back home next week.

1 Like

thanks

You can try ver. 1.9.6 2024-06-04 - (dev. branch) - added setEnergy() command

1 Like

thank you.

1 Like

Hello, will you be able to make it work or should I throw it in a drawer? Or does exist any workaround? I have for example home assistant in docker. Can I maybe get it working with home assistant reading the events from hubitat?

Hi Fabio,

Sorry, but I don't think I will have the chance to get back to the multi-channel energy reporting Tuya devices soon. This driver is not suitable for that.

The best workaround would be to use HomeAssistant and then bring the power/energy readings to Hubitat using the Home Assistant Device Bridge.

This solution will apply less stress on the HE hub (as the HA-HE communication is TCPIP).

Hello kkossev,
I tried to share my device trough Maker API but my HA (docker) is not able to receive these events. Am I doing right, or you was meaning to use a real HA hub and pair this device to it?

EDIT: The device appeared after almost 3h.. I hope that HA will manage better the data's! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I meant using a real Zigbee stick with Home Assistant and Zigbee2MQTT, as I expect that Z2M handles these multi channel power monitoring devices better.

Let us know how it works the way you have set it at the moment.

Hello,
Any idea what could happen or any of you have such symptoms:

Plug "Smart ZigBee Socket NOUS A1Z" stopped showing status in Hubitat. It technically works, manually can be operated but not via dashboard or device section. It stopped showing status "off" but with consumption of power 18watt.
I updated drivers to 1.9.3. I deleted it from Hubitat and started pairing again after factory reset. No response from the Plug to the hubitat.
Can be Zegbee module crashed? Any other ideas?
Please help.

Piotr

Seems that you have pairing issues… what is your hub - C-7 or C-8?

If the device is paired successfully and stays connected, you should see it responding to Ping() commands from this driver.

Or, if you switch to the HE stock ‘Device’ driver, you should see it responding to the ‘Get Info’ command.

C8 Pro.
It stopped reporting. So I deleted the device, reset it to factory by holding the button. Start blinking. Pairing failed. I trided different methods. Direct pairing as well

Try this pairing workaround, which has worked so far for anyone trying it on C-8.

Works! :slight_smile:
Thank you @kkossev

one of my plugs get turned off somehow.
I see this line in the event log:
switch off Car Charger was turned off [physical]

what does "physical" mean ?
Nobody can reach this plug, it is in a locked box.
So how does it get turned off physically ?
Does this happen when power coming to the plug is down ?

‘physical’ means that the plug was turned on or off without sending a command from the HE hub before.

Usually this means the pug was operated from the device local on/off physical switch.

However, there are many reports that some of the Tuya-based plugs will automatically switch off on short over-voltage peaks. Some manufacturers published a patch for OTA update (via Tuya GW), but most of the unknown OEMs did not.

Did you have Voltage readings enabled? Any peaks around 250V or higher?

I've just checked. There is no voltage peak but I see voltage drop on my Grafana graph. But this might be due to power down ?

I haven't noticed so far Tuya plugs to send a 'last breath' type of message when powered down.

could it be that when power down and up it does not switch on and stays off ?

Yes, could be.

If it was a momentary voltage drop, the plug should turn back on automatically.

If it was overvoltage automatic shut off, you will need to turn it back on manually (either via command or locally).

there is a "set power on state" setting on your device handler.
I am not sure what it was before (doesn't show), but now I set it to "last state"
maybe that could save me ?