[RELEASE] Tile Builder - Build Beautiful Dashboards

I just posted version 1.3.1 of Attribute Monitor and Activity Monitor. This is a minor release with a few bug fixes. Version note is:

Added null checking to multiple lines to correct app errors, especially when picking "No Selection" which returns null. Fixed bug with substituting values for fields #22 and #27. Fixed bug when subscribing to camelCase attributes.

This release DOES NOT bring AM to feature parity with MAM. That is still to come, probably in September. I'm working on something big so I'm only fixing critical bugs at the moment.

The tile did already have 2000 in the timeout value. I changed it to 1000 to see if that makes any difference. I'll report back tomorrow.

2000 is the default value of that input, but it does not get saved until you click on it. If you had gone to the gear icon and looked for eventTimeout I'm 99% certain you would not have found anything there.

1 Like

Hi there Gary. I know you're busy building the next incredible app - I never know when I dev using libraries or components from one to another. So I just want to document a minor nuance.

I think line 1334 def myTime = new Date().format('HH:mm a') should be 'h:mm a' for best results in attribute monitor. Lower case H gives us 12 hr format, single h gives us no leading zero.

1 Like

FYI I posted this image on another dashboard thread and I wanted to share it with the TB community.

It's a new module I'm working on. Similar to Multi-Attribute Monitor but more graphical in nature.

You might think this picture tells the whole story, but trust me, it does not.

9 Likes

I really like that. Can you specify which attributes are on the tile or does it just read all attributes available on the device?

You pick the devices\attributes that want. That tile could be one device or three separate devices.

1 Like

@garyjmilne quick question. I've found that putting the $ character in the prepend or append field of a multi attribute for a device causes this error. After generating that error I can't get get back to the multi attribute child to edit after getting this error. Any thoughts other than for me to remember not to use certain characters in those prepend and append fields?

There are some characters in groovy that have a special meaning. I make mention of these in the built-in help but it's under an advanced section where you can enter text as you can with prepend and append, but that section is not visible to you. I need to update the code to make sure those special characters are stripped from the prepend\append field to prevent the crash you are experiencing.

The presence of any of these cause groovy to interpret the string differently. In the case of the $ sign it tells groovy that whatever follows the $ sign is the name of a variable.

To get around this you will find that there are multiple versions of many common symbols. In the case of the dollar symbol it's only the first one that has special purpose so you can use any of the other 3 in it's place.

1 Like

Nice! Just what I need for one of my overly crowded (complicated) dashboards. I'll be like a kid waiting for Christmas morning until you release it.

1 Like

I keep getting this when clicking on "add multi attribute monitor" I ran a repair but that didn't help. I installed it from HPM. The other ones work just not the multi.

Error 404

App type not found for namespace: garyjmilne and name: Tile Builder - Multi Attribute Monitor

If you are seeing this screen repeatedly, please visit support.hubitat.com.

I believe that that error arises when you don't have the multi-attribute monitor module installed. If you go back to HPM there is an option to Modify what is installed. Make sure the TB-MAM is checked as shown below.

I'm making these optional as I have 3 modules, another near completion and plans for a couple more so different needs for different people.

1 Like

Hey that was it. I knew I was missing something simple. Thanks for your help.

Using Attribute Monitor

I have created 2 tiles that are working for me. As I attempted to create a 3rd tile for LEVEL,
I didn't see LEVEL as an option. Is it there and I am missing it?

I see I can get to LEVEL when using Multi Attribute Monitor. But there is a limit of 10 devices.

Any tile I created afterward the first 2 I did not get scroll bars for tile list. Is there an option to turn on scrolling?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I found with further testing scroll bars appear only if highlights is used. Otherwise a long list without doesn't produce scroll bars. Is there a way to get scroll bars any other way that I maybe missing.

UPDATE2: I can't reproduce my UPDATE test. Worked once.

I'm surprised it's not in there, must have been my oversight. I thought, that'll be an easy fix but as it turns out I suspect the docs are wrong on this and I need a response to a query I sent out.

Scrollbars. The dashboard has a limit of displaying 1,024 bytes in a single tile. If the tile you generate is less than 1,024 bytes it is stored in the Tile Builder Storage Device. If it is greater than 1,024 it is stored as a file in file manager and displayed within an iFrame on the dash.

The presence of the iFrame is what triggers the scrollbars. From page 61 of the docs you can use CSS to change this behaviour as desired:
#tile-1 {overflow-x: hidden !important; overflow-y: scroll !important;}

What is happening is the presence of the Highlights is pushing the tile size over the 1,024 limit.

There were some space saving techniques I included in the MAM which I will go back and retrofit to Attribute Monitor once I have Rooms launched. That may allow you to fit everything you need within a single tile and keep it under 1,024.

There is quite a bit of discussion in the docs regarding keeping the tile size down. There are links to the docs in all of the apps.

I'll loop back when I hear something about the level attribute.

1 Like

Just got a response from Mike Maxwell that the level capability was never deployed. That means that it cannot be used as a filter for Attribute Monitor in the way it can for other capabilities like switch or motion.

Your only option is to use MAM and if you exceed the 10 device limit think of a logical split like upstairs\downstairs or indoor\outdoor to bring it back under that level.

I'd be curious to know what size of file you are generating with 10 devices selected. It shows under the preview window.

#tile-1 {overflow-x: hidden !important; overflow-y: scroll !important;} did the trick. I have no problem manually adding in.

As for level attribute- no hurry. Focus on Rooms. Look forward to trying it. thx

Aaah, I got some bad intel followed by some good intel. This is what you are looking for.

It will be in the next release of AM but that is at least a month away.

If you want it in the meantime you can replace the existing line of code with this one.
@Field static final capabilitiesInteger = ["airQuality":"airQualityIndex", "battery":"battery", "colorTemperature":"colorTemperature","illuminanceMeasurement":"illuminance", "signalStrength":"rssi", "switchLevel":"level"]

You will find it near the top of the file around the mid 40's for line number.

I modified the code and it's working great.
Thank you for taking the time to review.

I am seeing a number of log info entries such as "Publishing tile: 2 - Temp"
I thought I had all logging turned off in app. Is there a way to prevent these entries?

thx