[RELEASE] Tasmota for HE - Auto-detecting Tasmota drivers + Tasmota firmware 7.x/8.x for HE (for use with Tuya, Sonoff and other ESP devices)

I just meant that I have devices that already exist, and by requiring discovery & adding that way, I'd lose my existing automations. I'll give it a shot by itself. Thank you!

The devices you have installed will not be touched by T4HE unless you tell it explicitly to do so.

1 Like

Understood, but I cannot use your app to update the driver on an existing device that is not managed by your app. I have attempted to add the "Tasmota Universal Metering Plug/Outlet" and see this - with no options to update IP, etc. Should I be using a different driver?

Yes, the Universal Parent driver, you will end up with child devices however. All my Tasmota drivers work that way now.

1 Like

Thanks. Sorry for the questions and my non-standard use.

1 Like

No worries, these drivers are complex (but very resource efficient) at this point, not running them as intended is not very easy. Hope you can sort it out then :slight_smile:

Hey Markus, does tasmota 8.4 add anything that 8.3 is missing? I have not looked into it and wondered if there was anything from an HE perspective that would make an HE specific version something to pursue. Thanks

There's plenty of additions, but nothing I've seen a direct use for yet, until someone comes asking for a specific device that requires it, I will probably not update:

1 Like

@markus Is this integration completely local? I tested pgux integration and it is, but I haven’t tested yours

Yes, it is

2 Likes

@markus Thank you at first for the driver.
I have a 0-priority (and may be stupid) request: can you name the child devices in the same manner the stock dth child devices are named? That is "<parent-device-name> EP0x" where x is the (end point) device number, instead of "Device (x)"?

Hi, by any chance are these switches from MOES supported?

Here is the site to check for tasmota compatibility:

2 Likes

My drivers use the parent device Name, but they do not use the Label if set in the Parent. I've added partial support for using Labels in the next release.

If they exist on the site pointed to be @rick.guthier they will work, if they're not there they might still work. I do remember having seen these mentioned as working somewhere, so probably.

Thank you @markus. It is not crucial for me anyway!

That release is out now btw, that part of the functionality is however untested.

Guys! I need help flashing the Sonoff mini.

Anyone had any success in flashing tasmota-hubitat-8.3.1.bin into a Sonoff Mini? (I use "tasmotizer" and when I try to flash it, its size exceeds Mini´s memory.)

Any plans on releasing a Tasmota-Hubitat Lite?

Any other way (without using a Raspberry Pie or using Tasmota minimal) to do it?

anyone have any luck implementing multi press switches? i have created extra relays and then attached rules to them via tasmota to turn on and off but it keeps having problems when i try to implement into Hubitat since each switch has 4 or 5 switches to monitor. is there a better way to do this?

on button1#state=10 DO publish cmnd/StudioSW/POWER1 TOGGLE ENDON
on button1#state=11 DO publish cmnd/StudioSW/POWER2 TOGGLE ENDON
on button1#state=12 DO publish cmnd/StudioSW/POWER3 TOGGLE ENDON
on button1#state=13 DO publish cmnd/StudioSW/POWER4 TOGGLE ENDON
on button1#state=14 DO publish cmnd/StudioSW/POWER5 TOGGLE ENDON

I am wondering if i can use this to trigger automations instead of needing all switches

this is running on a single treat life wall switch
thanks for any help!

First flashing lite and then Tasmota Hubitat should work. I run that version on my Sonoff Minis. If there's still an issue, do tell me and I'll have a look soon, I have some unflashed Minis I can check.

This should not be hard to add, just never had a reason to before. I'll see if I can build a device with what I have to use this new event.

1 Like