[RELEASE] Synology Surveillance Station Home Mode

For anyone interested, I just finished up a driver that can flip the home mode on and off for Synology Surveillance Station. feel free to grab the code, I think its all good! but this is my first attempt at a driver!

available here: https://github.com/quinntj/SynologyHomeMode/blob/master/SynoHomeAPI.groovy

I've been very disappointed with mobile device presence detection, not just with Hubitat, but any app that's supposed to do it, including DSCam, so I did the bluetooth beacon thing and that works AMAZING, so I needed to enable Synology to use that data also.

3 Likes

Interested in the beacons? Which ones did you use etc. Thanks

here's all the info on how I set that up: GitHub - quinntj/blescanner: Bluethooth Beacan Scanner for Raspberry Pi and Hubitat Presence
including a link to the beacons I used.

Thanks for the info I already have a couple of pi's running and thanks for the links to the products. Have a good one.

1 Like

I'm trying to use this driver, but I can't get it to work.
I get the following error message.
I have masked the IP adress, user name and password.

In the device I have put in my internal IP adress of my Sonology, the port (tried both 5000 and 5001), my username and my password.

Any tips for how to solve this would be appreciated.

it seems there's an SSL issue... perhaps try try flipping the toggle to disable ssl checks? if you're using an IP, then SSL won't likely work properly as certificates don't generally include an IP.
for that you'd also want to use port 5000 (default non SSL port).

if you want to use SSL, you'll need to get a certificate on your Synology, use the DNS name in the driver config, and port 5001 (or whatever you have for your ssl port) and ensure the DNS name resolves to the IP you need it to, with access between Hubitat and your Synology. (I use PiHole on my network to handle this)

Thanks for the answer.

I found this thread for the "Http GET switch" that seems to do more or less the same thing, and it works for me.

Synology Surveillance station - Support / Integrations - Hubitat

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.