[RELEASE] Switch Dashboard - "Turn your HomeSeer and Inovelli dimmers into mini-dashboards"

@MFornander I was wondering why, when sending values for start/stop notifications I hadn't noticed this before... Then realized, when looking at the map, the notification types I have been using, Fast Blink and Pulse, line up.

Hey @MFornander -- happy to have you collaborate a bit with us on any future products. We don't intentionally try to mess with developers, I promise!

Tagging @ericm for an answer to this -- I'm guessing if it wasn't intentional, it was likely a mistake on our end. You reference, "engineering team" -- there's poor Eric M who can only test so much -- so, a one man team :rofl:. We did have some amazing beta testers this time, but as you can imagine, this firmware is pretty intense.

Anyway, for some of our upcoming products, we'd love to have you involved if you're willing.

3 Likes

Wait, what? The effects parameters for fan+light are the same as the dimmer. No need to be "tired" of us. :wink:

I have not added the "setIndicator" command yet to the fan+light driver because I do not see any endpoint support for that command. The fan+light has two separate bars you can set notifications on.

The startNotification command has supported endpoints since we introduced it so that you can set either LED strip.

1 Like

For Inovelli Red series Switch "Using 'Off' as an explicit LED state" is turning Off Led on Switch but that is not updating the state of led (on or off) in hubitat child device. The reason I am asking to fix this is, I want to use its off state in Rule machine to run another Rule.
Thank you.

@MFornander - I'm assuming that this does not work with the Black Series dimmers? I'm trying to replicate a rule that uses the setNotification for my Red Series dimmer (I have a red series and a black series switch) and the RM rule to set the color of LED of the black series does not work if I select "red" (it sets it to white).

I think only Red Series has RGB notifications:

1 Like

I was hoping that you were using set color/level :wink:. I am able to replicate it in RM except I cannot (as yet) set the level when the switch is off, so the LED stays dimmed.

Good morning MFornander.
Hoping you can give me a little newbe support please.
I just installed an inovelli Red S2 and downloaded your parent and child app for the LED status on these devices.

Looking for a simple setup to start.
Plan is to have red notification if any garage doors open or locks unlocked.
and green for when all locked and closed.

I have a couple of questions please if you wouldn't mind providing some guidance.

My locks show up as a selection but i dont see how to add the garage doors. I was wondering if maybe i needed to have contact sensors for the Garage Door open / closed status?

There are preferences for the RGB colors on the device page. will these cause a conflict if i leave enabled?

I have been able to get the light to display green...though couldnt repeat it and at the time..one of the locks was open.
I pt fresh batteries on all three locks and i can operate each from the HE dashboard and all three report the proper open / closed status.

Appreciate any thoughts you may have to offer.
thanks
Mac

Devices:
2 Kwikset 888 lock 1 * Kwikset 910 or 911...cant recall.
Garage Door Controller - Linear / Go control ( part of Lowes when they supported IRIS)

You might want to retitle this thread to make it easier for folks w/the necessary HW to find...

Something like:

Release: Switch Dashboard - Turn your LED status switches into mini-dashboards using Homeseer & Innovelli Switches

Cool stuff...

1 Like

Yeah, I think you have to have a contact/tilt sensor. Let me look at my rule when I get home. I only do "Red" for "Open" and reset the LEDs to whatever their normal state is for "closed".

Confirmed. My trigger for the App is my "Garage Tilt Sensor"

I suspect you might be able to tie a Virtual Contact Sensor to a State from your Garage Door Opener, with "Open" on the garage door linking to contact open on your Virtual Contact Sensor...I've not done it, but it seems like you could build a RM rule to change the state of the Virtual Contact sensor whenever the Garage Door Opener reports open/closed (if it does).

S.

@MFornander, I ran into an interesting situation today. Wondering if the current code may not handle it... Here it is simplified:

LED Status Conditions:
Switch 1 on triggers flashing red (Priority 10)
Switch 2 on triggers dark yellow (Priority 0)

What happened:
Switches 1 and 2 were turned on - Flashing Red
Switch 1 was turned off - Back to default

What I would have liked to happen:
Switches 1 and 2 were turned on - Flashing Red
Switch 1 was turned off - dark yellow

Is this desired outcome possible? When a condition is no longer met, could it check if any other conditions are met? (If it should do that already, let me know so I can see if there is something I didn’t do right...)

Thanks!

I believe it should handle that correctly. I have several conditions regarding open windows, doors, and unlocked doors. The condition of an open exterior door has a higher priority than a door being unlocked. When the door is unlocked my switches slow flash a particular color, and when a door is open they fast flash a different color. When neither condition is met they return to their default color state set in the driver. This all works properly for me using several conditions in the app.

Thanks! That is what I was hoping... I will investigate some more tomorrow to see if there is something specific in this situation, and report back.

Update: I can confirm it is working as expected. There seems to be a delay when the switch occurs, and I didn’t realize it switched. My mistake. Thanks @hunt.darren!

Thanks. Luckily I have some contacts in my unused device drawer
Cheers
Mac

It's on my list to add better support for Garage Doors. Look for it in the next couple weeks.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. There are settings for normal dimmer LED but that will be overridden by any status light setting. Once the status setting is removed, the switch will return to the default color.

Try it with a virtual switch/lock first. You can turn on and off that virtual device from your devices page and test any logic you have in my app. Once that is working, change the device used over to the real devices.

Got it.. Never thought about testing that way.
Thanks

Appreciate the feedback. I changed the devices over to the Inovelli drivers and did as you suggested. I have it working now. Well - i have it flashing red when anything is opened now with the real devices. I'm certain i'll be able to configure the green for all closed once i figure how to configure it better.
Great app. thanks
Mac

Good Morning.

Really loving the Inovelli reds and the Switch Dashboard.
I have a basic setup complete and it works really well.
Big shout out to @Mfornander

My setup includes:

One switch dashboard

• Includes 3 different Inovelli reds all displaying the same status

• The switches will blink red if either

• Either garage door open

• Either Lock unlocked

• Either contact sensor open

• Using the Inovelli drivers for the switches……Just a note for anyone reading…when I tried to use the hubitat default drivers for the Inovelli – I couldn’t get the switch dashboard to work.

There are a couple of more things I’d like to do and was looking for some guidance please.

1st question

I have the lights set to blink red when either device is open. If the condition is not met, one switch will go to a solid magenta, the other 2 status lights are off. If I want the default when all closed to be green…..do I set the green in the device page for that device ..or is it a setting in the switch dashboard menu?

2nd question.

I’d like to set up a completely different set of status lights on a different switch.
As an example...i'd like to set up a light if my freezer door is open ( contact switch)

Quesiton. To accomplish a different set of status lights, on a different switch.. do I need to set up a different instance of Switch Dashboard?

Appreciate the feedback and really appreciate you writing this app.
Some screen captures below ( for reference)

Thanks

mac

Yes, you need a second instance in which you will select the switch that shows that status.

I have done this on my exhaust fans in the bathroom. I wanted only those switches to show a yellow light if the central system exhaust was turned on.

Alternatively, you could set another color to display on those same switches if you freezer door is open.

I’d love to help with your 1st question too, but I don’t understand it... :frowning:

Thanks for the reply.
The 1st question
I have the setup that the light will flash red if anything is open. I’d also like to set up a green if all of the devices are closed.

2nd question.
How do you set up another instance? Just install the app again?
Cheers
Mac