[RELEASE] Status Avatar

This is huge! maybe a game changer imho.
Did you solve the 'dynamically store a image in File Manager' problem or is that still manual?

Thanks. No, the image files are still a manual upload or web url.

@sburke781 Do dev's share code somehow? Is this something where the guts of it could be used by others in their drivers like a library function? I could easily imagine this becoming a standard for implementation! I use snippets of OP code and the HTML, image and iFrame components all are impactual (sp?) to things that external dashboard apps need / want or could use to get around the limitations and weakness of the HE dashboard. just . wow. it's like a drupal module. :slight_smile:

Love your work Simon!

Feature request: Can the different dots be configured to be links to web pages? Say I’ve got the top right dot signifying that there’s an update available for HE. I could then configure a URL for that dot to take me to the update page if I click it. The top left dot could signify that there are devices with low battery levels. Clicking that dot could take me to a dashboard URL with all my devices’ battery levels displayed.

1 Like

Yep, I just didn't post it because it is available for install via hpm, but you are welcome to check it out.

1 Like

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. I wanted to have mine open a pop-up iFrame by simply clicking on the image, but I'll see what I can do with the dots

1 Like

That's so elegant! @jpage4500 has created Android Dashboard which is incredible - and he searches tiles for html elements such as < html >, < div> etc... which helps ID new tiles and their defaults. In turn this has cascaded into clean support of @bptworld code for a number of tiles and tile creation tools. And thats not all thats affected!
Last question before I go playing - does this circumvent the 1024 problem too? It looks like it might!

Yeah, was part of the reason I started playing with html files. Just note that they won't work remotely (I don't think) if you are not on a VPN and using a local dashboard.

Done!! :slight_smile:

Updated the avatar driver to include additional preference settings, specifying a link for each dot and a link for the avatar image itself.

If a number is recorded in one of the dots, you will be able to click the number and open the link in a new tab.

If using the avatar to record a single on/off dot, use the link configured for the avatar image as the way to follow up on what the dot represents.

Simon

2 Likes

Awesome Simon! :+1: I’ll see if I can give it a go tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I’m going to be really annoying (again). I’ve got another feature request… Seeing how brilliantly you were able to set each dot to a unique URL, would it be possible to set the colour of each dot independently as well? That way I could have a green one for hub updates for instance and a red one for errors or alerts. Extra points for the ability to be able to set these colours from RM :wink:

1 Like

Don't worry, I was going to be annoying all on my own... :slight_smile: Was planning on adding colour settings per dot as well. Adding commands to set each of those wouldn't be hard either. One complication may be the text colour, so will have to work on that part when I make the change.

Right now I'm grappling with sizing of the image while I try to get the launching of a pop-up iFrame going. Which I essentially have, just polishing how the image behaves when I resize the tile.

1 Like

Is it currently possible to include a number (or a single char like a ?) in a dot as per this screenshot ?

HubitatCommunityAvatar

If you run the custom command set status num 1, that will put a number in that dot.

1 Like

Very useful for a counter indication

1 Like

I knew I should have tackled the dot colours first....

For those who share similar enthusiasm to those who have looked at this already, download a copy of this driver from HPM / Git and enjoy the capabilities it offers. All feedback is welcome.

For those who want to play with having a pop-up when clicking on the avatar image, similar to the advanced iFrame driver, you can play with the avatar driver code below, with the emphasis on playing with the code. This part is frustratingly close to working how I want, with sizing of the avatar image and sizing of the popup causing the most frustrations.... Enough about my weekend... :slight_smile:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sburke781/hubitat/avatar_popup/StatusAvatar/StatusAvatar_Driver.groovy

I'm thinking I might leave this to one side and tackle setting dot colours either through the week or next weekend (famous last words...). I may include a reduced version of this where clicking on the avatar loads the URL in a new tab rather than an overlayed iFrame.

Simon

1 Like

I'm back to playing around with this and have a question. Can you explain the iFrame Counter state variable?

This is what I envision:

Wife and I are away at work. We could use this to send the kids pictures, messages etc. It would be really cool for them to be able to a unique notification on the echos that they have a message from mom or dad. They tap their picture and it loads the message.

Of course this would require some sort of hosted site for this to go to, loading the address of that location to a variable string, then a trigger of change to that variable to run a rule to turn the switch on......etc

Lots of stuff to work out but I feel like this is possible with this app as the base.

The iFrame counter is just there to make sure the iFrame is updated on screen since the source changes, but only by something irrelevant. I could dig out the post where I saw it as a tip.

I expect what you may be asking about are the numbers in each dot? Those are in the status num attributes / variables.

I haven't touched it for a couple of weeks now, I got frustrated with sizing of the images, positioning of the dots and making it react to resizing of the tile. I may just need to accept there are some limitations and move on... But I will need to clean up a few quirks before saying it is in a stable state.

Always open to ideas on how it could be expanded, it can be used for any number of scenarios I expect. I have been messing around (in a very small way) with notifications and setting up Tasker to intercepts and provide buttons to respond. I do have visions of maybe storing them in some way so that I can record that I have acknowledged a notification. What you are describing may be able to merge into something that we could both use.... Who knows...

All fun ideas to contemplate...

1 Like

So I have a basic sense of what I can do. I hope it's ok if I share it.

For messages, I can make unique mobile dashboards for my wife and myself. In them, there can be field to change a string variable unique to each of our dashboards.

There can then be a button for each child. Whichever one is pressed the variable gets set to the kids unique variable string. That would allow a rule to announce "Adalynne has a message from Mom" for example and turn on here switch to indicate message. Clicking the image would then open an overlay (also reset the switch) displaying the variable string.

2 Likes

Something I noticed. I set up a second dashboard and put the URL in the preferences for when the image is clicked. When I did that and click the image it's still just went to the default HTML file. But when I put that URL in for number one then when I click the image itself it loaded that correct URL.