[RELEASE] Sonoff Zigbee Button, Motion/Temperature&Humidity/Contact Sensor Drivers

Hello,
I have recently got the temperature and humidity sensor.
It works great in HE, but I am unable to get it to connect to Google home and use Google assistant to get the values.
It there something I need to do to fix this or is it just not possible?
Thank you.

I'm really new to HE so please forgive the "newbie" question.

I have received my order of SNZB-04 (Contact Sensors) and SNZB-03 (Motion Sensors)

Both saved without Issue
I removed the paper between the battery and the device as instructed in the instructions of the device.
I attempted to pair the device through the instructions provided (depressing the "pairing" button) however cannot see a "red light" as indicated and the device is not found through zigbee pairing (attempted depress time I've done is 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s)

I rebooted the hub as a "just in case" (hey when it's not working did you try restarting/rebooting it?!) but still not having any luck.

I do not have a Sonoff bridge

Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

In some cases, I had to adjust the battery terminals on these devices to get firmer contact before they worked.

LED

Case

3 - Copy

Depending on, it can be hard to see the LED through the case.
Pushing the reset for 5 seconds should put it into pairing mode, 3 flashes for mine.

And as always, check your batteries. :wink:

I can definitely see the red light now thanks! Still not being found. Have tried 3 different devices

I'm assuming batteries are fine as the light flashes readily. Have tried as well with a motion sensor. I wonder if the driver needs to be activated? (Don't flame me I'm code dumb) I recognize that it's probably something I'm doing. Any pics I can include to help troubleshoot?

A silly question maybe but is it normal that after motion sensor activates, it deactivates after exactly 60s of no movement detection? Is this 1 minute delay configurable? I'd like it to deactivate after i.e. 10s of inactivity instead of 60s. Possible?

Most motion sensors (including this one) do not have configurable timeout settings.
The Philips Hue motion sensors have configuration settings for this down to 10 seconds.

are contacts better then Aqara? I have few of Aqara's and some of them are keep disconnected after few hours.
Thanks

I have had 6 Aqara motion sensors for over a year on Hubitat without any dropping off and have no mains powered devices on the hub and no mesh

No, it should be discovered as "device".

I had to try a couple of times with my motion sensor. In the end, I depressed the pairing button and held it for awhile, until I got a multi-flash of the motion light. Then I started zigbee pairing and it was detected. Once detected, I assigned it to Marcus's driver, hit initialize, and all worked as it should.

S

I thought that the "fingerprint" would determine the driver HE used when it discovered a device.

Unless they change the fingerprint, if you've pre-installed the SNZB-0x driver it should show up as that Sonoff device.

i.e. Zigbee - Sonoff Motion Sensor SNZB-03:

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0003,0500,0001", outClusters:"0003", model:"MS01", manufacturer:"eWeLink", application:"03"

I have mixed results with fingerprints and user drivers. If it detects correctly...celebrate! Otherwise...

But, you're correct, it should!

S

Added a SNZB-02 unit.
Paired with a generic zigbee device: OK (but no temp or humidity measured/displayed)
Added @markus driver (why are you suspended in your profile ?)
Re-paired the same device: OK, with humidity and temperature
The device is reporting as expected.
Tried to install a tile with both parameters
If set to temperature, then tenperature only is displayed
if set to humidity, then humidity only is displayed
if set to multisensor, then battery percentage and temperature are displayed, but if I change then again to humidity, I have now battery percentage and humidity, like pictured

Is it possible to have on the same tile Temperature and Humidity (without going with Tile Master) ?
SNZB-02 status

1 Like

To request features to Markus driver, you'll need to visit https://oh-lalabs.com

S.

1 Like

Its a limitation of how the HE tile is set up

1 Like

@mike.maxwell I'm seeing this in my log after switching to the Hubitat version of the Sonoff Button.

The Hubitat driver doesn’t support presence...

1 Like

Switch to the "Device" driver and hit "Delete All Scheduled Jobs" (and "Delete All States" probably wouldn't hurt, either), then switch back to Hubitat's driver if you want to use that one. The one in this thread creates scheduled jobs to verify "presence" (whether the device is online), and switching drivers does not un-schedule those on its own, nor do the methods it is calling to do this exist in other drivers, giving you the errors above.

1 Like

Based on the above got my hands on 3 of these SNZB-03. All paired without incident. Did it before importing custom driver and it connected to generic zigbee driver (no temp).

I'm still building out my mesh and just doing some testing so placed these 3 in various locations to check range. Only one remained connected.

The other two seemed to die and don't seem to want to come back. Steps I have tried:

• tried a short press on pin button. Nothing.
  • did a re-pair and the device was found, but did not do any sensing.
  • imported the SNZB-03 driver above and switched over. Seemed to setup fine and status says present. Details for one of them...

Current States

• battery : 100.0
  • batteryLastReplaced : 2020-12-07 21:39:59
  • driver : v1.0.1.1123b
  • lastCheckin : 2020-12-07 21:33:51
  • motion : active
  • notPresentCounter : 0
  • presence : present
  • restoredCounter : 0

But it doesn't seem to be sensing at all. No event logs for active/inactive and not blinking light on the front.

I seem to be missing something.

Thoughts on what I have done and how I get this going again.

Thanks to all for reading.